PDA

View Full Version : LRO Message Site

lauxier
06-13-2006, 12:53 PM
just want you to know I am addicted to this site.I check daily--It is simply the best--very instructive and fun---LRO--the store and for that matter,the web site makes me long for fly fishing in the Smokies.The prejudices and malice found in us somehow gets bumped aside when you read questions answered honestly,and stories told from fresh memories then posted on this site.I suppose it is about fly fishing in the park,but it is also about our deep liking for this beautiful place,our families,and knowing that no matter what happens,there are places that remain the same and wait for us with solitude and goodness.

buzzmcmanus
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I couldn't have said it better!!!!!

Woody
06-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Work at a stressfull endavor, sit in 4-1/2 hours of traffic a day, I can't continue. I escape often to this wonderful website. This site is great for my mental well being. I return to the East TN 5 or 6 times a year to go fishing in the GSM. But I escape to your web site all day long. As was previous mentioned this is much then a fishing website. This is a home away from home.

talkingpaul
06-15-2006, 11:24 PM
I am scheduled to be in the GSM in 11 days, and ever since I joined this board I have become increasingly anxious. I keep telling my wife to chain me to the bed cause I might wake up in a stupor and just leave!

I love this site!

Rusty Hook
06-16-2006, 07:54 AM
the site certainly helps with the separation anxiety associated with having to leave the Park and go back to wor...I'm sorry...I almost said that four-letter W word on this site...shame on me. ;)

Paula Begley
06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
the site certainly helps with the separation anxiety associated with having to leave the Park and go back to wor...I'm sorry...I almost said that four-letter W word on this site...shame on me. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I have censored many words and phrases on this site (in case anyone has seen troll posts with my censor lines in them)...had not even thought of *that* one! ;D

The *w* word....!!!!!!! * ROFL!!!!!!!

Paula ;)

ps: We are thrilled to provide a haven for you all!

Rusty Hook
06-16-2006, 05:33 PM
so as I look at the format of the message board I can't help but recognize myself as a YaBB Newbie, but ohters are Junior members...how oh how does one become a junior or dare I say it...an intermediate member? I must know.

I love the water right now...yup, it's a little tougher, but if it were easy, everbody would be catching...not just fishing and even more important...the discovery!!!

Paula Begley
06-16-2006, 10:09 PM
so as I look at the format of the message board I can't help but recognize myself as a YaBB Newbie, but ohters are Junior members...how oh how does one become a junior or dare I say it...an intermediate member? I must know.

Rusty Hook....

It's all about numbers, honey....the more posts, the quicker you qualify for a higher status! *Not sure, but can check - I think you become a Junior Member at 50 posts. * I am thinking of changing our post status to some really cool titles....on one board that I post on, I am an Evil Overlord! *:o

We will think up appropriate titles for here....

Paula ;)

lauxier
06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Like I said,I like this message site.Uh..yeah I am pretty sure I do.My original message cost me a little-fingernail bitten down to the quick-and I missed Deal or No Deal,trying to explain why I like driving to the Smokies just to fish and hang out.I loved the W word issue.At the microsecond your vehicle passes the rustic,strictly National Park sign welcoming you to The Great Smoky Mountains,at that micro-mini--little part of a moment--The W word should be a four-letter word--Listen to the water.Concentrate on your cast.The park will get hold of you.

RFowler
06-17-2006, 02:37 AM
I think that one is appropriate for you, Paula. ;) :D

Tsani
06-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I am definitely going to "date" myself when I say this but, do any of you remember the Doby Gillis show on TV? Remember the word that Manard G. Crebs would upper when the "W" word was spoken? W??? W??? ;D

bamafly
06-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Dobie - wasnt that Gilligan's dad?

;D

WVFlyer
06-18-2006, 08:26 AM
LAUXIER, good post. I was in the Townsend area for a week with my family. I took them to the Elkmont campground area. 2 years ago I came down on a fishing/camping solo trek. Pitched my tent, cooked over a fire, etc......and of course I fished that area hard. I showed them were I camped. I have a folder of articles on fly fishing in general and a great article on fishing in the GSMNP. Inside that folder my 19 year old daughter found a Elkmont campground map that I had kept. One night around the campfire I jotted down some thoughts on the map (I had forgotten I done this) and one thing that I wrote my daughter showed to me............If you can not find peace and solitude here, you may never find it.

I get what you are saying............... ;)

lauxier
06-18-2006, 09:58 PM
wv flyer-that was a great post--daughters are special--that is for sure--fishing the park gets to you----talked to a lady today who has been going to Gatlinburg for 30 years--HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE PARK--said she is afraid of the bears--have known her for many years--she was married once--she has been a widow for about 20 years--says gatlinburg is full of single men--the park is NOT full of single men----Shut your ears Paula-----I'm here to say with confidence that if the bears of GSMNP had a rep of being lovers rather that eaters and if they had a job,and retirement,and a nice vehicle as well as a house,preferebly paid for,then the lady I conversed with to day would keep a full time tent,front flap open,at Elkmont--12 months a year--unafraid of snakes(if a snake was to bite her--it would kill the snake deader than H--)--She says there are many people like her--non-park types--I found that amazing.

Rog 1
06-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Great story....my best friend and I have been doing a week of camping and fishing each fall for the last 30+ years....years ago his mother, after hearing all of our tales of the Park took all of the grandchildren to Pigeon Forge and Dollywood....the last day she went to the front desk to ask if there was a tour of the Smokies and the girl said "Maam, you are in the Smokies"....to this day my friend's mother still cannot understand why we keep coming back to this wonderland....bypassing PG and DW every year....