PDA

View Full Version : Phuket, Thailand fly fishing

gncox
06-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Has anyone fished the Phuket area? This is the region struck by the tsunami and most of the infrastructure has been rebuilt. I'm heading there in late July for 3 weeks and want to fish, both freshwater and saltwater. *Thanks for any ideas!!

Greg

DrewDelashmit
06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a client whose family lives in Thailand, I'll ask him tonight whether there are any fishing possibilities worth your time. He may be a little bit skewed because he is a sight fishing nut and despite fishing all over the world has decided the Florida Keys are the best place on earth. I'll let you know.

DrewDelashmit
06-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I talked with my client yesterday and he could not think of anything worth fishing for. He said that he never fishes when he is in Thailand and the biggest problem that Thailand like many other countries in the region face is overfishing. He said there might be some small fish but he couldn't think of any off hand. Sorry I couldn't be of mroe help.

gncox
06-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the effort. I've seen a number of articles about some freshwater fishing in the Phuket area, and there are numerous services for deep water fishing. I think I'll pack my rod...just in case!! ;)

Greg