PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Cherokee

dbeckett
06-22-2006, 09:18 AM
All,
Just wanted to let everyone know not to forget fishing in Cherokee. They may be stocked fish, but for fishing with a small child, it can be alot of fun. My daughter and I spent the afternoon of Fathers day catching some nice trout. She even got into trying to fish with my fly rod. This can give me an excuse to get another rod setup. So next time you are in the smokies and they are not biting in some of the upper streams go to Cherokee and pay the $7.00 fee and have some fun.
Danny ;)

Kevin_Thomas
06-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I drive through Cherokee alot, but i'm not familiar with the streams. Any advise on location... :)

dbeckett
06-23-2006, 11:33 PM
You will have to buy a permit for everday you fish, we have had luck on the stream all over the main street area. The permit is good for anywhere on the Reservation, at least I think it was. We have also had some luck on the river outside of town close to the park.

Kevin_Thomas
06-24-2006, 03:38 PM
I'll give it a go next time I'm over there. I'll probably try the area between town and the park. There are usually alot of folks in the water through town. Thanks for the tip!