PDA

View Full Version : LRO beginner tying class

buckeyetrouter
07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
waiting on the LRO beginners tying class....has anyone here experienced this particular class???? I have a little experience and most equip. needed but just need some direction....

if anyone has experienced this beginers class let me know what you think.....

thanks,
Buckeyetrouter

Griff
11-13-2006, 12:57 PM
This is an old post, but I would also like to hear some responses from some of you who have taken this class.

David Knapp
11-13-2006, 01:14 PM
I haven't personally taken this class. I have talked to a professor that teaches a fly fishing class at school here. He went up to LRO for some all-day fly tying instruction last winter from Walter Babb who I believe does most of the LRO tying classes. He couldn't say enough good things about the day and learned lots of good stuff.

Byron Begley
11-19-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Folks,

I used to help Walter teach the class. Now he does it with Brian Courtney. I don't think the next class is full so you may just have Walter. Our fall classes don't get much attention. The winter classes fill up quick. You don't need to bring anything. We furnish all tools and materials. You'll start with the easy flies in the morning then move on to some more difficult flies in the afternoon. You'll start with the Green Weenie and then the Wooly Bugger. We've been teaching this class for around eight years. We've got it figured out. You will tie 5 patterns and probably finish 3 flies of each. We'll bring in lunch around noon for you. Here's how it works. You will spend about an hour learning how to use the tools. Then you will watch Walter tie the first pattern. You will go back to your desk and start tying that pattern under the close supervision of your instructor. That will repeat for each pattern. You will also have a step by step book with photographs that Walter and I took and wrote. In the beginner class you will also get another great book to take home along with the one Walter and I wrote. I have never heard anyone say they didn't enjoy the class. Walter is a patient master of fly tying and one of the best trout anglers I know. You will get a lot out of the class and it's something to look forward to. See you soon.

Byron

buckeyetrouter
11-24-2006, 05:43 PM
hey Byron, is the January class full yet? If not I am in, I will call first of week and make reservations.........

buckeyetrouter

buckeyetrouter
11-25-2006, 01:04 PM
hey guys......it is saturday morning 12noon and I just registered for the Jan27 beginners fly tying class, for anyone who was interested there were still 4 spots left open.......sure would be great to meet some of you guys is you are interested in the class....if not, I do intend to try fishing Sunday (Jan28) early if the conditions permit and anyone else is interested....otherwise I will just use the time for some photo ops...........

buckeyetrouter

Griff
11-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I just signed up for the beginner's class in Jan too! I also signed up for the beginner's warm water in December. I can't hardly wait!!!

buckeyetrouter
11-27-2006, 06:10 PM
hey Griff....what is the warm water that you signed up for?????

buckeyetrouter

Griff
11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Beginner Fly Tying For Warm Water with Dean Campbell, the next class is December 16th.

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/pages/schools/begftww.htm

buckeyetrouter
11-27-2006, 08:35 PM
$%#&?...just got back from Nevada so I can't make the Dec. class, that would have been good for me since most of our fishing up here is ponds and upland reservoirs.....

anyways, will be good to meet some of you guys in the Jan27 class, hopefully a few of the other board members sign up

buckeyetrouter

ttas67
12-02-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm signed up, so I'll see you guys in january.

buckeyetrouter
12-02-2006, 12:05 PM
hey ttas67, it should be a good time.......I'm hoping there is an outside chance that I can get some fishing in also......

see ya at the class....
buckeyetrouter