PDA

View Full Version : new 2 forum

minnowsoon2btrout
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
:D
I went up to the GSNP over the fourth, to test out my new Fly pole and to put some practice casts out, and I am pretty satisfied over my efforts. I did not expect to catch anything, but to see if what I learned would work in a real environment.
I went up towrds Cades Cove, in the small pullovers next to the stream.
To get you acquainted with how much of a newbie I am, the closest I have ever come to Fly fishing is watching it on TV, namely "A River Runs Through It".
I grew up in Alaska and fished quite a bit, but it was mostly casting and trolling.
My pole is about 7.5 feet in length with neon green fly line and about 8 feet of tapered line tied to what was supposed to be a mosquito fly.
I bought it at Wal-Mart, (no flames Please :-[)after seeing the price of other Fly poles, I thought that it was a wise investment if the pole and I part ways.
I stopped by "the Creel" in Knoxville, and talked with Chelsea and I ended up purchasing the Orvis Fly Fishing Guide, which has quite a bit of good information.
I practiced casting in the front yard of my house, and amazingly the pole and line did what it was supposed to, so over the fourth of July, I put my practice to the test.
this weekend I will try my luck up above Tremont in the Little River, if you see me and I look like I am struggling, please don't hesitate to offer some tips. :)

tennswede
07-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Welcome to the forum!

There's no way back now ;D If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask here on the board or send a pm. Don't know everything but have caught a fish or two in these hills.

Tight Lines