PDA

View Full Version : Tubers

Gerry Romer
07-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Readers of Byron's daily stream report should be familiar by now with his thinly-veiled references to a very popular recreational activity on the Little River. Today's local newspaper, The Daily Times, carries a front page article on the "sport" of tubing in Townsend - complete with a pretty, bucolic, full-color picture of the "sport". Thought I'd offer a link to the article for those unfortunate few out there who have been deprived of the opportunity to compete. I especially liked the comment from a local campground operator towards the end of the article -- something about the only problems they've had this year have been from fishermen??

Enjoy!

Gerry

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/261974

Sage
07-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Who knows, maybe it was those people who run out to the water with their spinning rods and start chucking anything they have out in the water? The most trouble I've had in the park or outskirts have been from what some people call "fishermen" but will not be awarded that title from most others who respect the sport.

troutwhisperer
08-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Gerry,
I read the article about the tubers and im glad its providing a "million dollar buisness to townsend". i dont know if this makes up for the many ruined days on the water, though.

* * Im sure those trespassing fisherman werent fly fisherman. ;)

flyinby
08-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey TW:

I heard that your ol' dad is a better fly fisherman than you...that he can cast farther, catch more, wade deeper. *And, before you respond, remember "who's ya daddy!" ;D

flyinby

troutwhisperer
08-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Yea thats why i caught 23 and he caught 3 on cascade lake and I had to teach HIM to fish a nymph. As for casting farther i could cast farther too if i weighed wat is it? 215 pounds. ;D

Tight lines,
TW

Hawkeye
08-04-2006, 09:13 AM
So I guess there is an opening on a brookie trip now, huh flyinby? ;D