PDA

View Full Version : Saving that dunked digital camera

justfishing
09-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks to another message board where I read about this possibility, I was able to save my recently dunked digital camera.
I'm not sure how it happened, other than the fact that I forgot to zip the pocket closed on my waders, *it dropped into a good 2 feet of water. *:-[
After a couple of seconds of disbelief I reached in, up to my shoulder and recovered my Casio Exilim pocket digital. *:'(
Fighting the urge, I DID NOT TURN THE CAMERA ON !!!!! This evidently will surely fry every circuit in the camera. I brought it home, removed the battery, memory card, and left it open to dry out. *:-/
Today was the 7th day since the dunking, and I dared to turn it on to find that it indeed worked. YEAH !!!!! *:)
So, if this happens to you, fight the urge and wait it out. Maybe you'll be as lucky as me, and live to shoot again. *;D

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-2/1142584/16.jpg

HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!

justfishing
<'))))><

Griff
09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I like to pic too.

Hugh Hartsell
09-22-2006, 06:26 PM
:) Thanks for this post JF. We just had a similar accident to happen today.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

Fishermansfly
11-03-2006, 03:37 PM
For any of you all who run into such a problem again. Remove everything (batteries and cards) then take a zip lock bag, fill it full o' rice seal and place in a window seal for a day or so! The rice will, of course, absorb the water and retain the water! Works well with watches to! Better than waiting a week and the risk of rust setting up on your equipment, camera's are expensive!

Hope this helps for future troubles!
Fishermansfly

Woody
11-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Having visited the bottom of many streams personally, I can tell you this works. Works great for cell phones also. Just fight the urge to turn them on

appalachian angler
12-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Good news! Very sweet pick by the way! Glad to see trout still love them prince nymphs!

AA

MTN_TRT
12-11-2006, 09:45 AM
ok, I dropped my camera in a cold December river. I took all the stuff out and put it in a bag of rice and its sitting in the dash of my car right now. Is there anything else i need to do, other than wait? And, will this really save my camera?

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

Gerry Romer
12-11-2006, 11:44 PM
That's pretty much it, and you should be pleasantly surprised! Patience is key.

Gerry Romer