PDA

View Full Version : Watauga/ South Holston camping areas?

Troutman
10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I am planning a short weekend father-son fishing trip to the Watauga or South Holston rivers. I have fished these rivers numerous times but I have only camped at Riveredge campground. Are there any other good riverside campgrounds on either river? The last time I stayed at Riveredge, We had very bad neighbors that played music all night and cussed and drank constantly. The manager was never around to oversee problem guest. Any suggestions appreciated.

kylemc
10-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Sorry about that troutman ;)

Randy Ratliff
10-03-2006, 07:02 PM

czartman
10-03-2006, 07:17 PM
I would highly recommend Roan Mountain State Park as an alternative. Camping and Cabins are both available. Can fish the Doe River in the Park. Wautaga is about 20min drive. About 45min to the South Holston.

Randy Ratliff
10-04-2006, 09:26 AM

Troutman
10-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks Randy and caz. I will probably go back to RiverRidge again. My wife and daughter never want to go back though. They are not fishermen. I hope my last camping trip there was just an exception and Larry has made the campground better. I don't mind people partying, but have a little consideration for other campers. I guess I am just an old grump!