PDA

View Full Version : Hello, all!

Green Weenie
10-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the Green_Weenie.

Haven't been fly-fishing very long. I lived in eastern NC for most of my life and only moved to East Tennessee last year. I have always dreamed of fly-fishing for trout in gin-clear mountain streams. I was not dissapointed. I now live in Knoxville with my wife and daughter. (I have a son on the way!)

So, here's to you, who stand, as I do, in the clear, cool water contemplating when you will get the next strike. And when that strike occurs, I know that you, like me, will be completely surprised. So suprised, in fact, that you miss the fish, and can now only cast again and contemplate yet again, on why you miss so many fish. ;D

chefpique
10-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey Green_Weenie. Just wanted to welcome you to Tennessee. You're lucky to live so close to the Great Smoky Mountains and also the best outfitters I've ever been in- Little River Outfitters. Paula, Byron and Daniel are great. I hope you get to know them. Remember, a missed fish is still a fished fish. It's great to be out there even if you catch nothing, isn't it? Again, welcome. Good fishin'. Chefpique

justfishing
10-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Greenie_Weenie,

Welcome and congrats on the boy on the way. It took me four tries, but I did finally have one, and he has been a true blessing. He is now 16. The girls are very special indeed, but the relationship you develop with your son will be very special. Hopefully fishing will be a big part of it. I live in Alabama, and this board, along with the folks at LRO are the finest I've had the pleasure to experience in the entire Southeast. Take advantage. *;)

You are very lucky to live in such a great state for enjoying the outdoors, except of course on certain Saturdays in the Fall. * :P Actually October 21st this year. *:P
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your time living and playing around the GSMNP, truly one of the great treasures of this great country. Oh yeah, Roll Tide !!!

justfishing
<'))))><

David Knapp
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the board!

Griff
10-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the board Green_Weenie. Your wife wouldn't happen to be Barbie_Bug now would she?

buckeyetrouter
10-16-2006, 07:53 PM
hey GreenWeenie......welcome to the board, you couldn't have picked a better place to get info or just trade stories.....

hope you have good fishing and congrats on the little one on the way

buckeyetrouter

DryFly1
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Welcome Green_Weenie,

Congrats on the anticipated new son. I have a 4 year old.
Can't wait to teach him to FF. Enjoy the mountain streams....
DryFly1