PDA

View Full Version : A gret day up high.

tennswede
10-06-2006, 08:23 PM
I had a tremendous day today in the park. I caught 36 rainbows, 5 Brook Trout and 3 Brown Trout. No lunkers but a few went 8" and a Brown which went to 8".
I hiked 13.5 miles today and I am totally wore out. I have never hiked that much in a day of fishing but it was worth it. The only damper on the whole thing is the fact that I lost my fishing buddy Neal (pineman) somewhere on the trail. We began fishing at 9:30 am and I never did see him again. I got back to my truck at 5:30 and he was gone. Normally we leapfrog and one of us will run into the other but I kept on pushing upstream but no Neal. I guess I must have passed him on the trail since there were a few spots where I had to get out of the stream because of all th foliage. I'm sure he is alright though since he was already gone when I got back to the trailhead. I hope he had as good day as I did. I caught most of my fish on an Orange Palmer size 14. They were taking the dry with gusto. I caught one brook trout who was obviously in spawning colors, (male). There were a lot of small cream midges coming off late pm. No real hatches during the day except a few yellow sallies, which is late for them.
Water temp 55 degrees. It was a fantastic day but I was a little worried for a while about my buddy.

David Knapp
10-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Tennswede,

Thanks for the AWESOME report! It sounds like you had an amazing day in the park. Those long day trips are a blast!!!

tennswede
10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Plateu Angler!

I see you are in Crossville, let's go wet a line sometime when you are coming this way.

David Knapp
10-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Sure thing! I'm heading up that way in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you would be interested in fishing a day...

tennswede
10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I would, although I am limited to weekend fishing for right now. I had a day off yesterday but the rest of the season I will be fishing weekends only. I guess with it being october and all it will be crowded just about everywhere in the park. Let me know where you are headed and we might be able to find a spot to fish.

David Knapp
10-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Tennswede, check your PMs...