PDA

View Full Version : Advice on trip this weekend

mtnman2888
10-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Hello, I am thinking of taking my girlfriend up to townsend and stay this weekend so we can go hiking to see some waterfalls and some good fishing at the same time. I was wondering what were a couple of the best places to go see waterfalls, but the fishing is still good. I had thought about abrams falls, but i'm not sure. We will probably hike up to a waterfall and when we get there we will fish both below and above it, if possible. She really enjoys fishing so i want her to enjoy some nice scenery and catch a few fish, too. I know that some may not want to give away good spots, and i understand, but if anyone is willing to help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Also, we do have the gear to do longer hikes, so don't be shy! We are definitely willing to walk the longer trails of 5+ miles. Thank you very much.

buckeyetrouter
10-15-2006, 09:11 PM
hey mntman.....Abrahms is a nice hike and some real nice photo ops at the falls....as for the fishing, I can't speak but I do remember numerous posts that talk of the terrible footing and being ready to take a spill, be careful and take your time.....

my fiance and I are gonna be in Townsend this week also and we will be hitting as many spots as we can, but we will also be taking some time for photos.....if you see a white f150 with red,white & blue bug deflector, say hey.......we are planning on doing Abrahms falls also.....may see you there......

have a great trip, sorry I couldn't give you any glory holes....
buckeyetrouter

David Knapp
10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
FYI, If you haven't got a place to stay, you might want to try to find one before you head up. Most places are booked solid.

Also, check your PMs...

mtnman2888
10-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I have actually fished abrams once before and didn't think it was that slick personally, that doesn't mean i didn't fall however ;)!

Why are all the places booked up? Leaf lookers?

Thanks for the help guys

doghaircaddis
10-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Between the leaves changing and the UT/Bama game, this coming weekend will probably be a busy one for the area. I know several people that will be coming in from out of town. I still wish I was heading over that way to do some fishing. I'll be stuck in Knox entertaining friends. Have a good time!