PDA

View Full Version : not a rookie anymore...

mmorgan135
10-16-2006, 03:55 PM
just kidding...

Got up this morning and drove up to the park. *I had to go to Gatlinburg to find a place for the family to stay for a weekend in December. *After that was done it was time to fish! *I started out with the fly that I have the most confidence in on my home river, the Hiwassee, which is a BHPN. *I used the smallest one I had and ended up getting two strikes but never got them to hand. *As it started raining I got tired of using the nymph and switch to an EHC. *That was the trick. *After a few cast I landed my first fish from the park. *It is certanly not the biggest but I stood out there in the rain for a long time and was SO happy when I saw this little guy come up to my fly. *I ended up catching 4 more fish all of the length of the cork on my rod, i havent measured that yet to see how long that it but I'm guessing around 8-10". *Anyway I just wanted to share my success and look forward to hitting the river alot more since moving up here. *

can someone tell me how to post pics...

Here is the picture. I know its small but you guys dont know how long I stood in the rain to get this little guy. Also the other ones I caught were the size of my handle so you can get a better idea.

http://thumb13.webshots.net/t/59/559/5/93/91/2445593910098335993cHtiun_th.jpg (http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2445593910098335993cHtiun)

russ
10-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Congrats on your first GSMNP trout!

To post pics you have to upload them to a site on the internet like MY free fishing photos, or photobucket.com. Then you select your image and, at photobucket.com, there is three selections to choose from under your photo. Select the one that has IMG in fron of it. Then copy and paste.

Someone else surely has a better explination for you. I'm not sure that i could follow what i just told you :-/

DryFly1
10-16-2006, 04:05 PM
MM,

Congrats! And on an EHC(0ne of my favorites) in the rain!
As a dry fly man myself it just doesn't get any better..

You are a changed man forever...
DryFly1

Kevin_Thomas
10-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Congratulations! My obsessive personality, coupled with the help of Hans and LRO helped me shed my rookie stripe pretty fast. Hope you catch many more...

Kevin

cdu1961
10-18-2006, 02:16 PM
;D congrats on getting rid of the skunk ;)