PDA

View Full Version : Hello

fscarborough
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Hello All: I am preparing to visit Gatlinburg and fish the Smokys. I'll take my 5wt. T &T rod and 3wt. with me. I got out the 5wt. this afternoon to try and get a little practice in before the trip. Not having fished in three years I was still amazed at how poorly I did. I don't think the trout have anything to worry about. Practice, Practice, Practice.

See you all on Veterans day.

Kodak
10-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Welcome:

I am speaking from experience. *If you need practice, make sure you stop by LRO so they can help you make sure you are practicing the correct way. *They are fantastic and they do not distinguish between those who can't spend a bunch of money with them and their most prosperous customers. *They treat us all the same.

What a geat group of folks.

Good fishing, *Kodak

David Knapp
10-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Wecome! Keep on practicing because if you're fishing the Smokies, you gotta bring your "A" game!

DryFly1
10-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Welcome aboard,

The good thing about being "a little rusty" is that you get to practice in such a great place.
Practice makes perfect- you will be back to "reading" the streams and presenting a perfect fly in no time.

DryFly1

Griff
10-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Keep practicing but don't worry too much about perfecting that double-haul 100 foot cast because you just won't need it. I would stick with the 3 wt unless you are just partial to using the 5 wt, either one will work in the park. Try to practice roll casting to about 20 to 30 feet, you will find that ot be very usefull fishing here. Good luck and welcome.