PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Trout

doghaircaddis
10-31-2006, 10:45 PM
I was just reading something about a tiger trout. Apparently it is a cross between a brook and brown trout. I have never heard about this until now. Does this fish exist in the park? Have any of you seen or caught one of these?

David Knapp
10-31-2006, 11:37 PM
I have not seen them in the park, but I think that they are definately possible on some streams. They do occur in the wild apparently and there are some streams in the Smokies that have good populations of both browns and brookies so it is not out of the question.

Giantfish
11-01-2006, 12:06 AM
Hey do these fish growl when you catch them ;) *Grrrrrrrrrr.
Just a little humor. No I have not seen any but I do belive in alot of things others don't and this I do belive in.

Giantfish

DryFly1
11-01-2006, 12:44 AM
DHC.

Have never caught one,but have heard of people who have(Or at least think they have). Found this site with photo(bottom). *It is my understanding that they do not spawn.
Will be interesting to see if LRO or others here have any info? *

http://www.mindspring.com/~skeeble/photos.htm

mtnman2888
11-01-2006, 08:11 AM
I myself haven't ever seen one in person but i have seen pictures of people that have caught them. They are definitely a beautiful fish and i hope that one day i will catch one when i'm crawling through the woods fishing a backcountry stream!