PDA

View Full Version : It November 4th and my trip is only a few days awa

fscarborough
11-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Here in Huntsville Alabama the skies have been clear of late, the air cold and the leaves are the prettiest I've seen in years. Though I missed last year, it's been somewhat of a tradition to go to Gatlinburg on Veterans Day weekend to celebrate by Birthday. While my Wife and Daughter shop, I fly fish. It's been two years since I've been to the park and now I'm just days away. I've been reading the LRO Fishing Report daily. The LRO site really enhances the fun and excitement of planning this trip.

I'm also looking forward to visiting the shop as I do on each visit, but this time due to the LRO website, I'll feel somewhat like a local.

See you in the Park.

Griff
11-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the board! I hope you have a great trip. Make sure to post a trip report.

buckeyetrouter
11-04-2006, 12:42 PM
ditto what Griff said....also, don't forget a digital camera if you have one, or at least a disposible (gives you a safer feeling if you are skeptical about taking your camera on the water) to record those memories ..... and hopefully you will have some pics to share ;)....

buckeyetrouter

DryFly1
11-04-2006, 02:49 PM
fscarborough,

Great to hear that you are making it back to the mountains. I will be fishing and camping that weekend also. Make sure you pack a rain jacket as the weather report is calling for rain. As long as the streams don't get blown out, and the water temps hold,the fishing should be pretty good! ((If you have been watching the 10 day forcast,it seems like the forcast changes daily,if not hourly!)
Good luck and see you on the stream....

DryFly1

Byron Begley
11-05-2006, 02:07 PM
fscarborough,

Welcome to the board and thanks for the comments about our site. Hope you have a great trip here in the Smokies. Look me up when you are in the shop.

Byron Begley