PDA

View Full Version : Nature

Giantfish
11-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I know you guys love the Smokeys and the fishing but I was wondering how you guys like the nature. To me nature is just as good as the fish, but I hear others say thats to much on the soft side. What do you think?

Giantfish

doghaircaddis
11-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Think of the most ideal setting for catching a trout.

Got it...?

I bet it wasn't that stream that runs through Gatlinburg...was it?

I agree with you, and I'm sure everyone else on here does too.

Dancing Bear
11-10-2006, 08:15 AM
I spent 25 years enjoying the nature in the park by backpacking/ hiking before I ever started fishing there. As much as I love fishing, it is still hard to decide whether to fish or hike the high country in the fall. The nature is what drew me to the fishing. I don't see how you can love fishing without loving just being out there. There's nothing soft about it. If you love the nature part now you will be a good steward when you get to be my age.

russ
11-10-2006, 10:00 AM
Giantfish,
I know how to illustrate the point about 'just being out in nature' to ya. I have a 2.5 year old Brittany Spaniel bird dog. This is the third season that I've been hunting with him. I've been the only trainer he's had and I don't get to plant birds for him enough, plus i don't know what i'm doing so he's not going to be winning any field trials anytime soon ;).
We love to grouse hunt. i've been grouse hunting every weekend since it opened this year. Including the other two seasons and this one, I've seen maybe 6 grouse and i somehow managed to shoot just one. If I didn't enjoy walking through the woods carrying a gun, then I'd have quit doing it a long time ago. The MOST rewarding part of all of it is just being outside and watching the dog have a blast. ;D He actually pointed a grouse last weekend :o and i got two good shots off at him, but I missed, again. :-/

Woody
11-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Nature trumps just about everything. I hike and camp with the family a great deal. Fly fishing is just another way to expreience the great outdoors. Standing in a stream and watching the the natural display of wildlife, flora and fona, not caring how many fish are caught, is inspiring. If I wanted to catch fish I would use a worm, no a net, no TNT. I hear that catches fish in even the most difficute situations.