PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning

Kevin_Thomas
11-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Did pretty good today, 12 Bows to my hand. I started out with an Orange Stim / Tellico setup. It was working OK, but I was missing a lot of strikes. Almost all of them on the dry. So I decided to do something I didn't want to. I saw some BWO and tied one on. Not my favorite fly. Hard to see and hard to cast accurately (especially in that whirling wind this morning). Anyhow, things picked up and I started landing fish with some regularity. It finally started raining so I headed in. I know the fishing can pick up in the rain, but I was satisfied and really didn't want to get soaked. Glad I used the BWO, it is a good fly that I need to get better at presenting properly. The size of the fish today was small compared to Thursday. No complaints though.

Kevin

Hugh Hartsell
11-11-2006, 05:14 PM
:) Kevin, congratulations on catching some fish under really tough conditions. I can understand your scepticism about using a BWO. They are really tough to see without a highvis indicator of some sort on top. A good alternative when they are taking BWOs is a Griffiths Gnat. It's a little more visible and a high floater. Thanks for giving your report on a rough day to be out.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.