PDA

View Full Version : New member

armyflyfisher
11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm an Army captain stationed temporarily in Missori - FT leonard Wood, and I have recently been bitten by the fly fishing bug. I started with a Wal-Mart $15.00 special and after a month, bought a Hobbs Creek 5wt from Bass Pro. Wanting to go a little lighter I recently got an Echo 1, 3wt. I love the lightweight feel, and especially love how pan fish feel when they hit #10 woolly buggers on that little stick! If I didn't know any better I'd think that I had hooked into a Steelhead!!!

I'm looking forward to learning more about the sport from all of you.....

David

Paula Begley
11-15-2006, 10:24 PM
David

First, let me say thank you for your service to our country! It is appreciated more than you can know!

Second, welcome to the board! This place is filled with incredible fishermen who will be more than willing to share info. Be sure to troll the old threads and posts...they are overflowing with great knowledge.

Again, welcome! We hope to see you around!

Paula

David Knapp
11-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the board! You've come to the right place to learn lots so jump right in...

Troutman
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Welcome Armyflyfisher!
* * * * I am an Army veteran also. If you take some leave and want to FF the Smokies, PM me and I will show you around some of our local GSMNP streams perfect for that new 3wt. There are lots of members with resources and info. on destinations closer to you also.