PDA

View Full Version : Went fishing on Sunday, found some cold water

Green Weenie
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Fished early Sunday morning on the Lynn Camp Prong, from the falls back down to the bridge. Did O.K. with 7 small rainbows to hand w/ the BHHE. But, man, was that water swift! I had hiked up to the falls and been fishing about 10 minutes when I took the first of TWO spills yesterday. >:(To those who may be wondering, not only is the water swift, it is COLD! :o

At about 11 or so I went into town and stopped by LRO. It was my first time in the shop and my first time meeting a few of you. The staff was super helpful and more than willing to give this newbie a little much needed advice. I talked with Byron for a few minutes. What a nice guy. I mentioned to him that I would like nothing more than to find a few big browns. He then takes out a map and highlights some honey holes. How many guys would do that?

Anyway, I went to one of these spots and fished until 5 or so. If I thought I was an O.K. fly-fisherman before yesterday, those browns did a swell job of humbling me. :-? I think I'll wait until the water goes down a bit before venturing back into the park. Also, note to self: bring dry clothes! ;)

Jswitow
11-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Those big browns humble alot of us! Keep at it, the water will go down in a day or two, never takes too long.
Best,

Byron Begley
11-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Green Weenie,

Thanks for saying that. I really appreciate it. I thought you were a nice guy too.

Byron

Sage
11-21-2006, 12:54 PM
I wonder what is more humbling, the browns or the spills?

Green Weenie
11-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't think the browns would have me quite as humble if I wasn't already cold and wet.