PDA

View Full Version : New info button for fishing report

Griff
11-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Byron-

In light of todays fishing report, I think you should add this new information button to future reports... ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/PokerGriff/cows.jpg

Chuckwalla
11-29-2006, 01:17 PM
;D

Troutman
11-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Look out for these guys when driving through Townsend! ;Dhttp://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/gltroutman/eatmoretrout-1.jpg

Kevin_Thomas
11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
I can assure everyone there were no COWS standing last weekend. *Thank goodness a few tried to stand up, and that helped me catch a few! ;D

This is great! *Keep up the great work Byron, we all appreciate what you do. *Honestly I would have loved to have passed those standing cows on the way to a stream today.

Kevin

ttas67
11-30-2006, 12:38 AM
this is hilarious. byron, you seriously should put that button on the fishing report! at least give it a try and we can see if it proves true.

geerona
11-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Just when I thought I had seen it all! You guys are way too good! I laughed out loud, way out loud!

Regards to all, gary <*))))><

Paula Begley
11-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Just saw this....hysterical! ;D ;D

Called Byron over to read it....we laughed and laughed...!!!!

That was too funny!

Paula

Byron Begley
11-30-2006, 02:01 PM
It is our goal as a company and always has been to satisify our customer's and friend's needs. When a customer wants something, they get it. Ask, and you shall receive. It is apparent that there is a need for more information on our fishing report. We have added many features at the request of our customers. We appreciate your input, your ideas and your willingness to share those ideas with us. Also our goal is to provide you with beneficial and accurate fishing information. Having said that, I'm proud to announce that the "Cow Standing Factor" has been added to the fishing report. You can click on it now, it's there. This reading will normally be taken in the mornings but todays data was gathered at aproximately 12:45 pm. It's cloudy and there is a little rain. As a result, the cattle have moved to the back of the farm to be in close proximity to the barn. Luckily, I have a nice pair of Nikon field glasses here at the shop. I counted as well as possible. There were 44 visible cows. I almost made a huge mistake and counted a mule as a cow. There were 15 cattle laying down. Most of them were calves but there were a few adults taking it easy too. That leaves 29 cattle standing or a 65.9% "Standing Factor". If the standing factor is 0.00% it means all the cattle are in the barn. You don't want to go fishing on a day like that even if they are all standing in the barn. I hope you find this information useful and have as much fun with it as I am going to have. Thank you for your support.

Byron Begley
Little River Outfitters Fishing Report

Grumpy
11-30-2006, 03:44 PM
It is our goal as a company and always has been to satisify our customer's and friend's needs. *When a customer wants something, they get it. *Ask, and you shall receive. *It is apparent that there is a need for more information on our fishing report. *We have added many features at the request of our customers. *We appreciate your input, your ideas and your willingness to share those ideas with us. *Also our goal is to provide you with beneficial and accurate fishing information. *Having said that, I'm proud to announce that the "Cow Standing Factor" has been added to the fishing report. *You can click on it now, it's there. *This reading will normally be taken in the mornings but todays data was gathered at aproximately 12:45 pm. *It's cloudy and there is a little rain. *As a result, the cattle have moved to the back of the farm to be in close proximity to the barn. *Luckily, I have a nice pair of Nikon field glasses here at the shop. *I counted as well as possible. *There were 44 visible cows. *I almost made a huge mistake and counted a mule as a cow. *There were 15 cattle laying down. *Most of them were calves but there were a few adults taking it easy too. *That leaves 29 cattle standing or a 65.9% "Standing Factor". *If the standing factor is 0.00% it means all the cattle are in the barn. *You don't want to go fishing on a day like that even if they are all standing in the barn. *I hope you find this information useful and have as much fun with it as I am going to have. *Thank you for your support.

Byron Begley
Little River Outfitters Fishing Report

Byron
You're getting way to technical ;D

Grumpy

MTN_TRT
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh my gosh..i just checked the fishing report! ;D HAHA! Seriously though I wanna see how this turns out, Byron- sir you are breaking new ground in flyfishing. ;D Oh man I gotta start countin the cows in our herd at home....

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

Griff
11-30-2006, 04:29 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can only imagine what a first time visitor to the fishing report will think when they see that.

Byron Begley
11-30-2006, 05:29 PM
They'll probably think I'm nuts. I might move it further down the page in a few days so that's not the first thing they see.

Byron

Chuckwalla
11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
[smiley=lolk.gif] Just saw the fishing report, that's good stuff!

Those reports always make my day. Thanks!

doghaircaddis
11-30-2006, 08:53 PM
They'll probably think I'm nuts. I might move it further down the page in a few days so that's not the first thing they see.

Byron

Nice addition to the report!

I think it should be left at the top. I know the two things I'll be looking at will be the water temp and cow factor. I'm not sure why, but I now have a strange desire to know what the cows are up to.

lauxier
11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
i have raised registered angus cattle for some 35 years--they eat feed then lay down,then later they get up---then lay down again----byron---is this a regional thing???what about cattle standing in Montana????there is but one answer--someone must tie a cow to a new "fishing report"-post in front of LRO--The message board is great,the online store is great,the fishing report,I look at it everyday,is great.Now we will have a trout cow....a new first(this is a suggestion and should not be held against me by the owners of LRO or readers of the message board,let that be alesson to cows everywhere.....Lar

Gerry Romer
12-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Ummm, Byron??? What happens to the cow report on foggy days? *Days when it's only foggy in Townsend but not up in the park? There's no herd at Tremont. Do they still bring a herd into Cade's Cove?

Gerry Romer