PDA

View Full Version : Sunday on Little River

doghaircaddis
12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I fished the Little River below Elkmont today. I caught 7 bows using a BH Tellico with a couple of split-shot. It was much better than I had expected to do. I really just wanted to hit the water one last time before I head toward Nashville. I suppose today was the last time I'll be fishing the park until spring.

The real highlight of my day came when I stopped by LRO on my way home. I was able to finally meet and spend a few minutes speaking to Byron and some of the staff. I also checked out the shop. LRO is the epitome of a great fly shop. I can't say enough about the place.

As usual I took a photo of one of the fish I caught. I'm going to miss taking these weekend excursions into the park. You all keep me posted while I'm out of town.

DHC

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/swingbatta/12-3-06.jpg

Kevin_Thomas
12-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Glad you did well today! Let me know when you come to town, and we can meet up.

Kevin

NKYfly
12-04-2006, 09:31 AM
My wife and I were down last week and saw the new shop. I Have seen a bunch of fly shops and LRO is by far the best. It is designed from the ground up as a flyshop. Excellent job and the nicest people. My wife and i spent a half hour talking to the B. and Paula.

Can't say enough...........best flyshop anywhere.

NKY

David Knapp
12-04-2006, 09:57 AM
That is a beautiful picture there! Glad you had a good day out on the water...

Jaybird
12-04-2006, 10:08 AM
DHC,

Glad you had a good day fishing and great picture! But don't sound so depressed, Nashville's not that bad. I've made the trip twice in the last 10 days for a day of fishing in the mountains. Sure it makes for a long day, but in the end I'm fishing.

Gas - 50$
Drive Time - 6 hours
LRO - 100$

5 hours in a cold mountain stream - Priceless

Let's hook up when the fishing improves, I could use the company on the drive

Jaybird

doghaircaddis
12-04-2006, 05:12 PM
DHC,

Glad you had a good day fishing and great picture! But don't sound so depressed, Nashville's not that bad. I've made the trip twice in the last 10 days for a day of fishing in the mountains. Sure it makes for a long day, but in the end I'm fishing.

Gas - 50$
Drive Time - 6 hours
LRO - 100$

5 hours in a cold mountain stream *- Priceless

Let's hook up when the fishing improves, I could use the company on the drive

Jaybird

Awesome! Let me know when you want to go.