PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Members

Byron Begley
12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Today, for the first time if you Google "Fly Fishing Message Board" this one comes up on page 1. We've been on page 3 for a while. I thought it was odd because I check out other message boards above us and some of them were not getting many visits. Thanks to all of you from us here at LRO for making this board a great success. This board will be one year old on January 9th. We want to do something special on that day and we're giving it some serious thought. Thanks again for becoming a member or visiting.

Byron

buckeyetrouter
12-05-2006, 03:37 PM
the congradulations shoud go to you folks at LRO for having the foresight to realize the need and the fortitude for making it happen. There are other sites out there, but i believe this one is a success due to the sincere customer service and quality of advice/help that you at LRO provide us on this end.....thank you!! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

buckeyetrouter

ps....I just made my first purchase on your web site.....I could be in trouble now (it was way too easy)

Grumpy
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
*We want to do something special on that day and we're giving it some serious thought. *Thanks again for becoming a member or visiting.

Byron

Could you fly me to Belieze ;D

Grumpy

Byron Begley
12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Grumpy,

I'll PM your ticket to you right now. I may go with you. I need a new 9 wt. Could you guys sell me one?

;D

Byron

Byron Begley
12-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Buckeye,

I saw that order. Thank you buddy. Daniel usually retrieves the orders from the website but I've seen every one of them. Daniel was off today so I got to do it. We are doing everything we can to make it easy. Thank you for all the kind words about our shop. We all appreciate you as a friend.

Byron

David Knapp
12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Congrats to Byron, Daniel, Paula and everyone else at LRO! You all are the best and are why I call LRO my "home" fly shop. Thanks to everyone at LRO for your hard work making this board a reality for all of us!

Byron Begley
12-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Plateau,

Thanks. I notice a lot of your fine photography on the site. Check out the front page of our Online Catalog. Remember that trout? Thanks for the kind words.

Byron

Grumpy
12-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Grumpy,

I'll PM your ticket to you right now. *I may go with you. *I need a new 9 wt. *Could you guys sell me one?

;D

Byron

hhehehehe, you maybe able to get a better price on the hill :o

Grumpy

Paula Begley
12-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Grumpy,

I'll PM your ticket to you right now. *I may go with you. *I need a new 9 wt. *Could you guys sell me one?

;D

Byron

Grumpy

Byron totally forgot about parole issues, Grumpy. *We changed the ticket. *He and I are going...will send postcards! *;)

Seriously, though. *We could not do this without all of you! *Thanks so much - and be looking forward to a special surprise! :)

Paula

ijsouth
12-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Y'all are certainly to be congratulated. Just for the record, I found the main page of your site by simply googling "Smokies + trout fishing"...right there on the first page of retrievals. I'm in the IT business, and I know how long it takes for the search engines to find you. I immediately became hooked on the daily fishing report...while I have been fishing all my life, I had never fished for wild trout until this summer, up in Virginia. I immediately became hooked, more than any trout could be - however, I faced a dilemma. I needed to find a location a little closer to SE Louisiana to satisfy my new addiction - hence the Smokies, and hence me finding your site. I'm sure I'm not unique.

Anyway, just by poking around the site, and reading the posts on the forum, I was impressed by the friendliness and service. So, I have an order in for three beginner's outfits, for my three girls; they have expressed an interest in fly-fishing, and they love going out in the boat with me and chasing redfish here in the marsh. It should be interesting, particularly if the weather around New Year's cooperates - I'd love to get in a quick trip with them.

Again, congratulations

Grumpy
12-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Grumpy,

;D

Byron

Grumpy

Byron totally forgot about parole issues, Grumpy. *We changed the ticket. *He and I are going...will send postcards! *;)

Seriously, though. *We could not do this without all of you! *Thanks so much - and be looking forward to a special surprise! :)

Paula

I've got that covered Paula, i put the ankle braclet on the Border Collie, why just the other day they called & commented on my rigorous workout program 8-)
Congrats on the site, the store & ya'll to, it takes good folk to make a good business.

Grumpy

BOTBAYOU
12-07-2006, 02:24 AM
Hey IJ,

Speaking of distance to trout from s. Louisiana, there are a couple of other places that are equidistant to you. *Mtn Home AR is prabably about 9 hrs from you, and last week in Shreveport I found out about a place called Broken Bow Oklahoma. *Apparently its about two hrs from SPort... *Anyone know of BBow? *Mtn Home of course is the White River, *never fished it but my wife has. *She says the trout there are pretty stupid. *But your next trip up to e Tennessee don't forget the tailwaters for a change of pace. *I've caught some monsters on both fly and commie tackle - largest brown went a shade under 8 pounds on a size 2 wooly bugger when the generators were on & I was throwing to the banks on the clinch.

BOTB

ijsouth
12-07-2006, 03:07 AM
I've spent a bunch of time in Broken Bow, back when I was in the Air Force and stationed in OKC...we would go camping down there all the time. Back then (early 90's), it was primarily stocker 'bows of average size, and it was pretty easy to catch them. Right about then, they started a trophy Brown Trout program, and I hear that now they're getting some real quality fish out of there. I didn't fly-fish for them then - it was salmon eggs and spinning rods then.

I wouldn't mind trying the tailwaters some, but most of the time, I have my kids in tow, and that big water is a bit much for them...plus, there's somethng about stalking trout in these small streams...I don't know, maybe I like confined spaces. I know that when it comes to fishing here in Louisiana, if I have a choice between fishing "outside" for specks or going to the interior marsh for reds, I'll choose the latter every time.

Griff
12-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Byron-

You always say "thanks for making our flyshop your flyshop." We really want to thank you and Paula for making Your fly shop Our fly shop!!! You do this in a number of ways from the extremely friendly and helpful service to the cow standing factor on the fishing report. We all say THANKS!!!