PDA

View Full Version : Brown Furry"s Pic in the Banner

Kytroutbum
12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
I hope that was shot with a telephoto lens. :) I would be concerned that he wasn't too grumpy if I had woken him up from his afternoon nap in the willows. I don't think there would be any stream edittique(sp?) problems with him. *If I had taken the picture it would have been VERY BLURRY! ;D I remember fishing up Crandall Creek, outside of Yellowstone, then walking the trail back to the car. As we came around a corner in the trail we came across shreded berry bushes, bear droppings in the middle of the trail with the "juice still wet". It took a while for my heart rate to get back to normal.

Byron Begley
12-08-2006, 11:45 AM
That photo and several others that I put on the banner from time to time were loaned to me by my friend Brent. He and his wife took a bunch of those photos in Alaska on a fishing trip and they were not using a telephoto lens, just a point and shoot digital. Those bears were around them the whole trip. I couldn't stand it. I think they got used to them being around. By the way, they had a guide standing closeby with a shotgun and Brent had a 44 mag tucked in the top of his waders. I put that photo on there this morning because a lot of the members are talking about bears.

Byron

Kytroutbum
12-08-2006, 04:51 PM
If what I've heard is true, those big" furry fuzz balls" get the idea at times that they are slightly higher on the food chain than us. ;)