PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Music

Green Weenie
12-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Can't go fishing. *Just biding my time until the baby arrives, which should be any day now. <sighs>

I was listening to my favorite fishing song "Madison Brown" from the CD Fishing Music. *I got to wondering.....what are some of your favorite fishing songs?

russ
12-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Can't go fishing. * <sighs>

Can't answer your song question but i do know that you need to get used to the words you said above. "Can't go fishing, got a baby" ;D I've got a 9 month old and she has taken all of my fishing time from me, but its worth it ;D ;D

Troutman
12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Driving over to Abrams creek the other day, The movie "Deliverance" and song "Dueling Banjos came to mind ;D. I like any instrumental Blugrass when in the Mtns.
As far as not fishing very much with kids, I've been there twice. Once they get over 4 years old they get involved with soccer, T-ball, etc. I would search out some local ponds and lakes to take the whole family to and when they get to be teenagers they may want to go with you to the rivers! Spend this time with them and they will want to spend time with you as they get older. I am blessed to have a wife and kids that enjoy camping and fishing so hang in there!

TomW
12-21-2006, 01:35 PM
WOW, that is a open ended qustion. Instrumental bluegrass..no voice, Jimmy Buffet, Brooks and Dunn, The old masters orchestra, Handel, Bach ect. Many types of music will make me happy, EXCEPT NO RAP OR JUNGLE MUSIC.

Tom

Green Weenie
12-21-2006, 01:55 PM
If you guys get a chance go to http://www.flyfisherman.com/downloads. Down towards the bottom of the page, you'll see the song "Madison Brown". Click on it to hear it. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's a great song about a big ol' brown trout outsmarting a few lucky fisherman.

Jswitow
12-21-2006, 04:37 PM
The one that comes to my mind first is Taj Mahals' - Fishin' song. I have a greatest hits cd by him. Blues if you're not familiar.
Now when I was in your situation I kept singing; "It's the end of the world as we know it" !

And once your little one is born, start angling for a couple of hours on the Clinch on Sundays, or the park whichever is closer, even an hour on the water is a lot better than none. That was my sanity!

We're all different, you may not want to leave the house. Hope everything goes well with the delivery!

Best,

ttas67
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Tom W, if you like classical and bluegrass, you should check out the album "appalachian waltz" by a famous composer named yo-yo ma (japanese I think) this amazing composer became very interested in appalachian music and has created what is essentially classical appalachian music. really a genre of its own. this album is considered a masterpiece and I can tell you the whole thing really blew me away. check it out, its the perfect soundtrack to the mountains. you can listen to samples here: http://www.amazon.com/Appalachia-Waltz-Ma-Meyer-OConnor/dp/B000002C0Y/sr=8-16/qid=1166756173/ref=sr_1_16/102-5338500-7575327?ie=UTF8&s=music

Green Weenie
12-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I know exactly what you mean. I have a daughter that turned 3 in August. The one in the oven right now is my son. I am truly a lucky man.

BTW, I bought my daughter her first fishing vest the other day. It's kid-sized and.....wait for it.....PINK! ;D

I love my daughter more than anything, but I'm so sick of princess this and Dora that. :P I can't wait to play with G.I. Joe again!

So, has anyone tried the above link and listened to "Madison Brown"?

ttas67
12-22-2006, 08:17 PM
I listened to it, its really good! I need to download it and take it with me.

Trouttater
12-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Green, I completely understand. My daughter (4) is still my little princess, but she is starting to play with worms too. I look forward to the day when she is old enough to throw a fly. Until then we will watch bobbers and bank fish. Both her and my son (1) have their TN lifetime licenses. If any of you guys out there have small kids and don't know about that program, you need to look into it. It has been a great first Christmas present for both kids from their Grandparents.

Good luck with the new one and my only advice is to turn your head and cover that thing quickly when changing his diaper.

Merry Christmas,

Brad

MTN_TRT
12-28-2006, 09:12 PM
WOW, that is a open ended qustion. *Instrumental bluegrass..no voice, Jimmy Buffet,..

ALL RIGHT, WE GOT A BUFFET MAN!! ( Im actually listening to some right now). Ill say- Buffet, some John Denver, CCR, Eagles...but my favorite is just to roll down the window and listen to the wind and the creek. *a little cheesy I know, but its a whole lot better than the the hustle of civilization*

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD
*My Margaritaville is in the mountains*

geerona
12-29-2006, 11:00 PM
All right, I can't stand not saying it. As a real fan of dry fly fishing I guess I would have to choose a portion of the chorus from "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent. You'll have to search for the lyrics or song if you don't know them, but it sure applies to dry flies! This may have some of you guessing!

Best Wishes for the New Year,

gary <*))))><

Thunderhead8
01-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Quote: "Can't go fishing, got a baby."

Now is the time to lay the groundwork so that in a few years you will be saying:

"Can't mow the grass (or work, or attend that wedding, etc.), got to take my kid fishing."

Kids are great! Enjoy every minute. Time flies!

Thunderhead8
01-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Forgot to answer your question about fishing music...

Isn't "Yesterday" by the Beatles, a song about a big, ol' momma brown trout getting away and a angler getting skunked on the Little River a day after one of his best fishing days ever?

Owl
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Guess I'm just strange. While I enjoy a little Rhonda Vincent and assorted other bluegrass while in the mountains and headed to my favorite fishing holes, I also have been known to crank up some 80's pop or classic rock. Huey Lewis, Olivia Newton John, Skynrd, .38 Special and Toto to name just a few. I've got a good friend that insists on playing "Nellyville" (sp?) before every trip 'cause he once played it on the way to the Park and we caught 30 something trout that day.

I can only listen to " Air Force Ones" so many times before I lose my mind. :)

Norah Jones is good too, but I get sleepy.

Oh and in my younger years Audio Adreneline and Jars of Clay were frequent guests on my cd player.