PDA

View Full Version : Twenty Mile Creek Pit Stop...

Kevin_Thomas
12-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Talked my wife into stopping by Twenty Mile Creek today on the way back from GA. Didn't fish very long, but managed to catch one small Bow on a Prince Nymph. Saw some suprises over there ;). It's a nice stream and one I will return to in the spring.

Merry Christmas!
Kevin

David Knapp
12-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Glad you were able to scout some new water and catch a fish. I've been wanting to explore some of those streams on the NC side for awhile now. How big of a stream is Twenty Mile?

Kevin_Thomas
12-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Similar in size to Lynn Camp, with some good long runs. I didn't go far, but upstream gets good afternoon sun. I could have done well if I had time, but I was already pushing it with the wife. She doesn't mind me fishing, but she doesn't want to tag along. I'll send you a PM with a couple of questions...

ijsouth
12-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Whereabouts is Twenty Mile Creek? I already have a 3-day NC license for next weekend. Is it anywhere close to Snowbird - I was thinking of hitting it. Thanks.

Kevin_Thomas
12-23-2006, 09:44 PM
20 Mile is between Fontana Dam and Deal's Gap. *I'm not sure about Snowbird though, so I'm not sure if you will be close or not. *If I were over there with a 3 day pass, I could think of other places I would go ( Deep Creek, Hazel, etc...) *I like small streams, so I thought it was fun.

Kevin_Thomas
12-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Found Snowbird, and you will be pretty close. If you like small streams, give it a try.

ijsouth
12-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Danke....yep, I love the small streams. Around here, I like going for the redfish in small cuts in the marsh, little twisting bayous and small duck ponds. There's just something neat about "small" water - the intimacy of it all, I guess.