PDA

View Full Version : Lynn Camp Prong Report

Kevin_Thomas
01-06-2007, 07:11 PM
What a day to go fishing. I had a hard time going to bed last night, because I knew today would be good. And boy was it! I caught one pretty quick, then started missing a lot of strikes. Around 11:00 it went crazy! I had a strike in almost every run. I even caught two out of the same run at one point. I rarely even try that. I ended up with 16 to my hand, several to my feet, a few more that broke off, and countless misses on the dry. What a day... I can't believe it's January.

Kevin

ijsouth
01-06-2007, 07:27 PM
AGGGH! What a difference a week, and a better trout fisherman, makes. I knew, just looking at that water temp, that today would be good - oh well, those are the breaks. Last week, I had only one hit, and I missed it, on the same stretch of water.

Congratulations on a nice day on the water. Let me ask you - did you walk a ways up Lynn Camp, or were you getting action right from the beginning?

Kevin_Thomas
01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I typically start at the same spot. It is above the cascades a little bit. There's a wooden bench and the trail is right at the water. I usually start there and only get out of the water if I must. I didn't make all the way up to Panther, but I like to go that far when I have time.

ijsouth
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks...we were in the same general area last week, but we didn't go very far upstream. The clouds rolled in and it got quite chilly, so the girls wanted to head for the car. I actually had my one hit near the parking area, in the middle prong.

I would like to fish it further up, but it will probably have to wait until I'm fishing alone.

Kevin_Thomas
01-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I fish that stretch pretty regular. Send me a PM next time your around and maybe we can meet up...

ijsouth
01-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Just PM'd ya...again, thanks for the report.

David Knapp
01-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Glad ya'll had a good day Kevin! Hopefully I'll make it up there again soon...

Kevin_Thomas
01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Trevor did well too. We got seperated and he spent a bit of time looking for me and that probably cost him a few fish. You know he likes fishing the dry, so he had some fun.

Barbara
01-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Well, I guess that answers my question that I posted in the other topic. Sounds like fishing was a LOT better upstream! :'(

Fisherlady

ttas67
01-07-2007, 12:37 AM
yeah, I caught 5 all on a dry. great day, you'd swear is was spring. even heard birds chirping. I can tell you why kevin caught so many today. he was invisible! after about 2 hours of fishing and not seeing him, I decided I'd try to find him. that wasn't so easy. but seriously, kevins got the touch. I talked to about 5 other fishermen today, one of them a guide and none of them said they had much luck. also today, about 10 minutes into fishing, I hung a fly high up in a tree. I pulled the line to break it off and the brand new rio leader that I had bought about an hour before at LRO broke off only about 2 feet from the butt end. too short to build out, I went routing around in my vest and much to my suprise pulled out a 2 year old heavily used furled leader that had been hiding in there. put it on..... perfect! I used that one leader for an entire summer, fishing 3-4 days a week, pulled it out and it still feels great. also, thanks for the flies kevin.