PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fishing tomorrow?

buzzmcmanus
01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Is anyone planning on fishing tomorrow? *I'll be out after a quick stop at LRO to pick up some yellow floss, hooks, and a new spool of tippet. *I've got some nymphs, small caddis flies, and Adams tied up and need to see if I still remember how to cast.

Buzz

doghaircaddis
01-12-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm trying to find somewhere to go tomorrow. Considering the park, but I'd hate to drive all the way up there from Nashville to find the streams blown out.

thebig21
01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I plan on going after a short trip to LRO to watch the fly tying demonstrations. I went last Sat. and watched and had a blast. Afterwards I went to the Tremont area and tried out my new waders from LRO and caught 7 small bows in a couple of hours. All were caught on a Green Weenie but one. It's still working.

If you would like to meet up to fish, pm or email me and we will see what happens.

TE

buzzmcmanus
01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
thebig21, I just sent you a pm. I'm going to be down in Six Mile tonight, so I won't have any phone service, but you can call tomorrow, or just meet at LRO around 12:30. I'll be wearing a green Ducks Unlimited hat that has seen better days. Buzz

Kevin_Thomas
01-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I'll be at LRO in the morning too (9:30-10:30 or so). I hope to fish afterwards if conditions are right. If so, I'd love to have some company...

Kevin

ijsouth
01-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Y'all have fun...looks like the water is warming up nicely, before it gets cold again. Believe it or not, I'm really noticing the lengthening days - on my drive home, there's still enough light to read a newspaper at 5:30PM (not that I read when I drive ;) ).

For once though, this is one weekend when I'm not jealous being away from the mountains...I can't describe how jacked up New Orleans is for this game tomorrow night...WHO DAT?!

Kevin_Thomas
01-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Go Saints!!! I grew up with Pat Swilling in Toccoa, GA...

ijsouth
01-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Wow! Swilling was an awesome player for us...later on, after his career was over, he got elected to the Louisiana legislature for a few terms. I don't know if he's still in the area; his huge home in Eastover in New Orleans East was under a lot of water from Katrina.

I came very close to getting tickets for the game, even though the prices are highly inflated right now...but, because it's a night game, I didn't feel it would be right to drag my oldest daughter with me downtown.

Back on the trout fishing scene - just got a book in the mail today from Amazon - an Orvis book on reading the water...that's what I really need to concentrate on, in order to maximize my time on the water.

92Esquire
01-13-2007, 06:46 AM
I'll be out. I went out last weekend as well. I may be out for a while before the demos, then head to LRO for a bit and out again after that. Hopefully this time I'll have something to show for the effort.

Grumpy
01-13-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm trying to find somewhere to go tomorrow. *Considering the park, but I'd hate to drive all the way up there from Nashville to find the streams blown out. *

There's always the Elk :o it was a pleasure meeting ya the other day.

Grumpy

doghaircaddis
01-13-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm trying to find somewhere to go tomorrow. Considering the park, but I'd hate to drive all the way up there from Nashville to find the streams blown out.

There's always the Elk :o it was a pleasure meeting ya the other day.

Grumpy

It was nice meeting you also. I didn't get a chance to go anywhere today. I guess the Elk would have been better than nothing. Seems like its been about 3 weeks since the Caney was fishable.