PDA

View Full Version : Cheorkee and Nance Ferry

Sivad
01-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Does any one how long it take the water to get to nance ferry and how long it takes it to go down. I am thinking about trying it out tommorw if anyone is interested in going.

Later

PAtrick

Hugh Hartsell
01-13-2007, 04:10 PM
:) Parick, if there are running 2 or more generators, it will take about 4 hours or a little longer to get to Nances Ferry. The current schedule only shows pulses , so you won't see any rises in the water tomorrow at Nances, if that schedule stays as they are predicting. It takes about 1 hour for the water to run down if they are running wide open. This can vary a little depending on how much they are putting thru the turbines.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

Sivad
01-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Hugh

Thanks for your help. Any suggestions on flies for this time of year?

Thanks

Hugh Hartsell
01-13-2007, 09:57 PM
:) Patrick, look for hatching insects and check to see if you see any rises. If they are taking emerging insects the rise will not be splashy, but more of a dimple or break in the surface of the water. If their taking insects off the top, you will see more of a splashy rise and probably hear it as well. For dries on top try Tan Elk Hair Caddis or Olive CDC and Elk. For a dropper, try a Caddis Emerger or a Black Fly emerger. They might be looking at Creme Midges. Good luck and make some pictures if you can.
Hugh

ChemEAngler
01-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Patrick,
I was there this morning, and things were extremely slow. Finally around 11:00 just before they started generating some small midge action started. I tried some small cream and black midges (dry and nymph), but had no luck. The guys I went with each managed to pick up a couple of small trout on a size 18 BWO. I am unsure of the area we were fishing, but I believe I have seen it referred to as Buffalo Springs.

Good luck to you.

Travis