PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report and Paula comment

Kevin_Thomas
01-14-2007, 12:42 AM
I was a little undecided what to do when I left the house this morning. *I stopped by the shop for a few minutes then went to the park. *I was planning on fishing the upper gravel road at Tremont, but after I passed the glory hole around 1015 I noticed the sun on the water. *I've not had much success fishing the bigger runs, but I figured I'd give it a try. *Things really went well. *I only fished a couple of hours and picked up five fish. *Two Browns and three Bows. *Missed a monster on the dry. *I saw the fish rise and take the dry, problem was it was late in the run and the fish was facing me. *I tried to set the hook before he turned his head and pulled the fly right out of his mouth. *I saw everything in slow motion, it was crazy. *I say monster, but it looked to be 14" or so. *I've caught a 12" Bow in the park and this fish was definitely bigger. *I can tell my skills are improving. *I think going to the Clinch was key in helping me with my cast. *Having the room to throw the fly around gave me some good practice and it's paying off in the park.

I wanted to wrap up by saying Paula really out did herself today. *She helped me out with a gift for my friend Mark that's moving away. *Everyone knows LRO has superior service, but today was even beyond that. *Thank you very much Paula. *Mark loved the gift and your added touch!

Here are some pics...

Kevin

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/redc4man/P1010505.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/redc4man/P1010508.jpg

ijsouth
01-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Sounds like you have quite a few skills already, MSgt....keep up the reports; I have to do most of my learning away from the water, and the reports are a part of that.

WHO DAT?!

Paula Begley
01-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Kevin

Glad you had such a great day fishing! *Nice pics! *

And thanks for your kind words! * :)

We sure will miss Mark, but look at the fishing opportunities this opens up for you! *;)

Paula

buckeyetrouter
01-14-2007, 11:24 AM
hey ijsouth.......

congrats on the Saints victory......not much of an nfl person, but i think it would be nice if the Saints took it all.....

buckeye fan in mourning :'(
buckeyetrouter

doghaircaddis
01-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Kevin,

Nice pics and thanks for the report. You know, I still haven't caught a brown in this side of the park.

Man, I can't wait to make it back over that way.

Kevin_Thomas
01-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I've caught a few. Caught a nice 10" at Milsap Bottoms, a few others around Metcalf and I've caught three on Middle Prong. I'm fishing tommorow, but I'm not sure where yet. We have so many options... You could easily make an argument for anywhere in the park though.

tennswede
01-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Kevin!

Make sure you send my best wishes to Mark. It was nice fishing with you all last summer. On another note;
Man, are you ever going to let the trout rest ;D

I'm amazed at the skills you have obtained. You are definitely going to be tough to deal with this Spring.

Kevin_Thomas
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I let the fish rest every time the water temp drops below 43 degrees. Thats my cutoff. It's not my fault the temps have been high... ::) Not sure where I'll go tomorrow. Maybe Mecalf. I'd like to catch larger fish, but my nymphing still needs some work. I don't know where I'll go, but it's nice to have a little more confidence, especially heading into Spring.

I may pick up my 4wt tomorrow. I think I'll try every 8ft 4wt 4pc rod they have and see if love blooms. I already have a spare spool with 4wt line on it, I guess I'll take it with me and use for trying them out. My 3wt holds up well, but I think if I buy the 4wt I'll commit to haunting some bigger fish...

Maybe this, I go by LRO and if I find a 4wt I like, then I go to Metcalf. If not... well I'm still not sure, but I may stay low on the middle prong again I had a lot of fun trying some different stuff...

David Knapp
01-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Nice pics...I like that brown, they are always fun to catch!

donwinn
01-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Glad you had a good day of fishing! *Excellent pictures! *I was at my cabin in the mountains this weekend, but had too much to do at the cabin to really enjoy the trip. *Enjoyment, of course, would mean having some time to fish. *I did get to spend a little over an hour on the Pigeon (closest stream to the cabin). *No luck for me though. *I am envious of your day, but happy for you. *:( :( :'(