PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest Fish (w/ pic)

Green Weenie
01-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I hadn't been fishing in about two weeks due to our new arrival (yes, we had the baby).

I finally sweet-talked the little lady into letting me out of the house for a while on Saturday. *I headed out to the Clinch and, man, what a comeback! *After a 20 minute battle (no, seriously) on the 3wt (yes, the 3wt), I landed this absolute beauty. *

http://images.photos.walmart.com/348%3B%3A%3A65%3A%7Ffp6%3Enu%3D3235%3E5%3A%3A%3E%3 A%3C2%3EWSNRCG%3D3232478443%3C64nu0mrj

What a fighter! *I started talking to the fish near the end. *"My arm is killing me." said I. *"One of us has to give up!" *But, you want to know what the best part was? *Watching her swim away.....

Griff
01-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Very nice!!! What a beautiful fish!!! :o

Congrats on the baby too.

doghaircaddis
01-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Thats a nice lookin bow! Congrats!

DryFly1
01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey Green_Weenie we have"Weenie Envy"

Very nice and congrats on the new addition. *The days out are harder to get now so enjoy... * What did you catch her on??
DryFly1

Green Weenie
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
#22 Disco Midge on 6X tippet

I couldn't believe she'd take something so small. I saw her cruising and cast in front of her; she turned and just nailed it! Unbelievable.

Jswitow
01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Thats a beautiful fish and reward, somebody must have thought you deserved it! I can't tell for sure by the picture, but that looks like a male head to me; kinda long with a kyped jaw? What about the baby? Girl or boy?, Weight? Sleepng well?
Congratulations!
John

Green Weenie
01-15-2007, 02:06 PM
It was a male. *8 lbs. 10 oz. *Thankfully, he did not have a kyped jaw. That would have been weird.

;)

David Knapp
01-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Nice fish man! I just might have to come fish the Clinch with you again sometime... 8-)

Kevin_Thomas
01-15-2007, 04:12 PM
That's awesome! It was really nice to meet up with you a while back. Congrats on the fish and the baby!

budman
01-15-2007, 06:02 PM
what a beautiful fish it must have been a blast on a 3 wt. I agree with Jswitow that somebody must have thought you deserved it! You ought to have good nights sleep dreaming about that fish & that boy! Congrats

buckeyetrouter
01-15-2007, 06:59 PM
hey green weenie.......congrats on the fish and of course absolute congradulations of being bless by the Good Lord with a son, you will have so many memories that are just waiting to be made........have you started fitting him for a fly rod and pair of waders yet????? Once again, congrats on your new bestest fishing buddy....

I should email my avitar so you can use it since that is your screen name.....let me know if you want it.....

Good fishing and God Bless the new family
buckeyetrouter

nailman_83
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Nice fish.

appalachian angler
01-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Congrats on the Baby. I just became a first time Grandfather this past thursday!

Nice fish. I just hope you were exagerating on the "20 min. fight" Not to pick, but try next time not to exhaust the fish...bring the 5wt! BTW, your tippet will break before that 3wt will I'm willing to bet. If you do decide to play 'em that long, kill the darn fish, give thanks, and eat it! There is NO shame in taking a few fish home as long as they are not wasted...IMHO of course.

AA

Green Weenie
01-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks to all for the kind words.

AA,

I think I was more exhausted than he was! :) *

Seriously though, I took about 5 minutes or so to work with him in the slack water. *I did my best to make sure he was O.K. before letting him out of my sight. *He swam away just fine, and unless there was another fish of similar size nearby, I spotted him cruising the same spot again about 10 minutes later.

I would hate to think that beauty didn't make it. *:'(

That 3wt is something else! *If he would have been any bigger, I don't know that I would have ever gotten him to hand.