PDA

View Full Version : another newbie to the sport

easttnsalmon
01-16-2007, 06:56 PM
As long as I can remember, I have loved the Great Smoky Mountains. I have hiked some of the trails, and now I have an opportunity to fish some of the streams. I am signed up to take the beggining fly-fishing I in March with LLO. I am looking forward to it!

DryFly1
01-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Welcome easttnsalmon,

Enjoy the board. Lots of great Fly Fisher's here to share info.

DryFly1

Byron Begley
01-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the board. Thank you for joining. Look forward to meeting you in March. I sent you a personal message. Look down near the bottom of the page and click.

Byron

buckeyetrouter
01-16-2007, 07:36 PM
welcome aboard easttnsalmon........

this is a great format with tons of knowledgable and eager to assist folks....hope you get a chance to use it to your benifit....

buckeyetrouter

David Knapp
01-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the board and to another addiction that gives you an excuse to get out in the mountains! You will enjoy the fly fishing school from LRO...they have some of the very best fisherman in the area teaching it!!!

ttas67
01-17-2007, 01:29 AM
welcome! and congratulations. *you've picked a hobby that may well change the course of your life. you may soon find that hiking is only a means to reach a fishing spot. and you'll never be able to look at a stretch of water without contemplating if you could cast a line over it. you'll never look at an insect, even an ant and not think about a trout eating it. also, you'll probably never take another trip or plan another vacation where you don't try to incorporate the use of a fly rod. enjoy!

Byron Begley
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
easttnsalmon,

Go down to the Info Center near the bottom. Over to the right you will see how many members we have, the name of the newest member then below that (if you are logged in) it will tell you how many personal messages you have. If you have one click on the number 1 or 2 and you'll go directly to your private messages. Hope this helps.

Byron