PDA

View Full Version : New Car Tag, could be a possiblity

Elk riverrat
01-17-2007, 08:38 AM
needs to be voted on up on Capital Hill and presell 1000. How many you want?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m312/riverrat_04/CCF01162007_00000.jpg

DryFly1
01-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Sign me up,

Give us the details to make this happen!

DryFly1

appalachian angler
01-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Noce looking plate! Proposed price and how much actually goes to TU? Does the money go to TU general fund...I vote against, But if all proceeds go to Back the Brookie campaign...I'm all for it. Just don't want my money goin for corporate Lobby Luncheons.

Specifics please!

AA

Griff
01-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Looks good to me. I would buy one.

Elk riverrat
01-17-2007, 11:29 AM
my understanding TU National gets no funds, state gets half, TN TU gets the other half, it's the usual extra $35 like the Smokies plate.

fish2die4
01-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Sign me up too.
Let us know what we need to do. :)

Elk riverrat
01-17-2007, 01:36 PM
just spread the good word and I'll keep you up todate as I find out more.

cubefisher
01-17-2007, 02:06 PM
anyone know how many presells have been obtained? I'd think this would be a great place to do that. I just bought a Smokies tag in November. Wonder if I can have both on one car?!?!? 8-)

Elk riverrat
01-17-2007, 02:27 PM
has to be approved up on the hill by the law makers as to not be obscene and then can start the sales.

cubefisher
01-17-2007, 02:39 PM
I had that backwards then. Makes sense. No point in selling something before it's even legal. (like that never happens)

Thunderhead8
01-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Beautiful artwork! Perhaps there should be a couple of standing cows in the background!

Seriously, I am in on this. How can I help?

DryFly1
01-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Wish I could catch a brookie that big!!!!

DryFly1

Dave
01-19-2007, 08:01 PM
That plate is awesome, I'll take two.

I almost did the smallmouth one but last minute thought... maybe they'll do a brookie so I waited - honest. On the smallie I believe it was a 1,000 presales before they'd issue them.

Vern
01-19-2007, 09:07 PM
I brought the TWF plate on the presell. If it did not pass or meet the presell 1000 they would refund the money. After it reached the 1000 pre sell amount they put it in production and sent it to your county clerks office. all i had to do was go pick it up. I can't figure out how to post an image or i post the jpeg of the plate here. But it has a white tail deer and a Brown trout in each corner. Its a much better plate than the twra one. does not look like a cartoon like the twrs one. NOW i don't know What to do. I have the GSM plate on the wifes car and the Twf on my truck. I have our old Grand Marque in the garage that I an trying to get running right so Gaintfish can drive in a couple of years, would the tu plate look right on it? He hates the car mybe this would smooth the waters.

Woody
01-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Love it need it got to have it !!!!!

Stonefly
01-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I would absolutely buy one. I researched the smallmouth plate at renewal time last year, but they weren't out yet. Figured I'd get that and hope that in time there'd be a trout-related plate.

sb

92Esquire
01-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I'd certainly be up for one.

Griff
01-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I brought the TWF plate on the presell. If it did not pass or meet the presell 1000 they would refund the money. After it reached the 1000 pre sell amount they put it in production and sent it to your county clerks office. all i had to do was go pick it up. I can't figure out how to post an image or i post the jpeg of the plate here. But *it has a white tail deer and a Brown trout in each corner. Its a much better plate than the twra one. does not look like a cartoon like the twrs one. NOW i don't know What to do. I have the GSM plate on the wifes car and the Twf on my truck. I have our old Grand Marque in the garage that I an trying to get running *right so Gaintfish can drive in a couple of years, would the tu plate look right on it? He hates the car mybe this would smooth the waters.

Here is the one i have now. I though about getting the smallmouth one but decided on this one. I will be one of the 1000 presells of the new TU plate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/PokerGriff/wildlifefed.jpg

Dave
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Have they started the presales yet?

Stonefly
02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
The plate has now been approved by the legislature and pre-orders are being taken by members of Cumberland Chapter of TU.

sb

Rockyraccoon
02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Let me see if I remember this correctly. Dick Davis, president of the Cumberland TU told me that the first thousand presells (which are a must to even produce the tag) will be trackable due to individual chapters making presells. So those chapters will receive the full amount of the rebate for each plate they sell.

After the first year, once renewals and new purchases are no longer traceable, 50% of the rebate will go to TNTU Council to support BTB. The Cumberland chapter will receive so much of the remainder (not to worry, they have a great chapter and are active so the money will be well spent), and the rest will go into a fund for grants (only to be applied for by the local TN TU chapters....Kindly like embrace a stream grants).

Now, I could have missed something or gotten something confused but I think the set up will be pretty close to this.

I know Dick and the Cumberland Chapter have worked really hard on this. It had been tried before and always came up well short of the "get-r-done" phase, but these guys broke through and it looks like they've just about GOT IT DONE!

Killer looking plate to boot.

Dave
02-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Are they only available via the Cumberland Chapter? I checked the Appalachian Chapter website and didn't see it and I missed the meeting this month as most months because I was out of town (travel about 27 weeks out of the year so I've not the best attendance record).

If only from Cumberland, do they have a site or are the accessable from the TU website?

I'll go check the TU site, TWRA site and the county clerk site and if I see a viable way to buy I'll come back and post.

Dave
02-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Found their chapter website via the TU site. No mention on either site (TU and Chapter).

Checked TWRA site, no mention (though they did good good play to the smallmouth plate so maybe they'll give similar coverage to the brookie plate when the new regs come out).

Checked the State of TN website, specialty plates, ones under consideration only showed an Elvis plate and one other I can't recall.

Checked the Hamilton County Clerk website, nada.

So, not sure if folks are taking preorders or if there is some confusion on that.

If they are, please let us know.

Rockyraccoon
02-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Dave,

I think their website is

www.tuplate.org

Also, contact an officer in your chapter and they should be setup to so presell so they receive the rebate.

If you buy from the TUPlate website, I'm not sure if your chapter will receive the rebate or if it will go to the Cumby chapter.

Dave
02-19-2007, 04:57 PM
That was the link, appreciate it.

BigGaTrout
02-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Sign me up my tag is about to expire tomorrow, hey that as in only one day. You think someone can ruch this through for me ;)

Troutman
02-27-2007, 10:38 AM
I went to the courthouse yesterday in Sevierville to renew my truck and the wifes car tags and I asked the clerks about the presell of the new tag. They did not know anything about it. I guess the presell hasn't made its way to E. Tn from Nashville yet.
Does anyone know if the Little river TU chapter is participating in this with the Cumberland chapters?
I missed the last meeting and wonder if they know about it.

Kevin_Thomas
02-27-2007, 09:45 PM
We are. I was at the last meeting and it was covered in detail. There's a web site you can go to, but I haven't yet, it may be available through the Cumberland TU site...

PeteCz
08-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Not sure when the form to pre-order the TN Brookie License Plate was posted online, but thought I would relink to it for anyone interested:

http://www.tuplate.org/

Kevin_Thomas
08-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the link, I'd forgot about this... It will be in the mail tomorrow!

irfishing
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
This is the information I received recently via email. Hope it helps.

The TU TN specialty plate is ready to preorder at www.tuplate.org. Please be sure to read all the FAQ's. If you have any questions, click on the link to e-mail and ask me any questions we haven't covered in the FAQ's. I will get back with you as soon as possible.

Please be sure to check your TU chapter on the form. Initial proceeds from ordering will benefit your chapter directly once the plates are put into production.

Thanks for your interest in the TU TN specialty plate!

Dr. Dick Davis, President
Trout Unlimited Cumberland Chapter # 181
4913 Tyne Valley Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37220-1531
H-615-297-3508
C-615-477-8936

Byron Begley
08-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Paula and I ordered ours today. I talked to Dick Davis twice today. He is an old friend and has done a great job getting this done. Though he is retired and swore he would never wear a tie except for weddings and funerals he broke his promise to appear four times in front of the Tennessee Legislature. By the way, the numbers are assigned as the checks come in. So the earlier you order the lower your number is. I'm hoping for 69, the year I graduated from high school or 62 the year I started fly fishing. According to Dick they have only sold 52 so far. Also, after you get your plate you can order a custom model. You probably won't have to worry about getting what you want because the choices can't be taken by another citizen who doesn't have a TU plate. I've got dibbs on LRO.COM. Maybe I should buy a new truck in the color "Silver Doctor Blue" to match the plate. This is a great project. The sooner we sell 1,000 the sooner we'll get them. I can't wait.

Byron

sammcdonald
08-16-2007, 08:48 PM
buy paula a new jeep in that color

Paula Begley
08-17-2007, 07:23 AM
buy paula a new jeep in that color

Hee! :biggrin:

No way, man! I love my Jeep! I'm keepin my Jeep! Forevar and evah. :smile:

The new tag will match nicely with my little white Jeep. :biggrin:

Paula

Stonefly
08-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Mailed my check today. Hopefully the 1000 required sales will be accomplished in a reasonable length of time so that we can actually get the plates.

sb

Stonefly
09-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Anyone know how many plates have sold? Wwe going to make 1000 ?

sb

Stonefly
09-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I checked on www.tuplate.org (http://www.tuplate.org) and they're showing 135 sold so far. However, my check hasn't cleared so I'm wondering if that number includes me. Maybe they're holding the checks until they have the 1000 sold. Or maybe my check is lost in the mail :confused:

sb