View Full Version : Place to stay on Clinch?

01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I will be hanging out in the area north of Knoxville (likely with no transportation for a few days) and was wondering if there are any rental cabins or motels within walking distance of the Clinch River? Preverably a wading area if generators permit. This will be in mid-February. Or any other streams (Knoxville area) where I can stay and fish without having a car?

01-18-2007, 02:46 PM
FP, welcome to the board.. The only place that I know on the water is this http://www.clinchriverhouse.com/index.htm

Byron or Paula, if this post is not allowed please remove.

Byron Begley
01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi Stretch,

That post is excellent advice. Thanks.

Fly Pumpkin, call CR Outfitters in Norris. I bet they will know of some other choices. Welcome to the board and our site. We are glad to have you here.

01-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Another option is Norris Dam State park. It could be walking distance depending on how far you want to walk :D

01-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Another option is *Norris Dam State park. It could be walking distance depending on how far you want to walk :D

Looking at the prices for Clinch River House :o, I was thinking camping would be the way to go as well.

01-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. The River House was too expensive for 1 or 2 people, but looks like a great place. The State Park seems my best option at this point.

01-19-2007, 06:14 PM
FlyPumpkin- another thought on NDSP- I think they have some cabins up there for rent & if you go to the web page for TN state parks they might have a coupon you can print off that would save some cash if you wanted to go that route.
that link ought to take you to the page, then look for the special promotions tab ;)