PDA

View Full Version : Cosby Creek

Sivad
01-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Good day to all,

I Need any Info anyones has on Co\sby Creek. I am going to be able to fish it soo and would like to any good sections and what type of flies. Thanks for your help

Patrick

Hugh Hartsell
01-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Good morning Sivad. If you are entering Cosby from the Newport side of the Park, just drive up Hwy. 321 until you come to the stream. You will be outside of the Park and in the Cosby community for several miles. You can stop at numbers of places along the road and just ask the closest house owner for permission and they will probably say "Yes". You have miles of stream to fish and there are some nice fish in the creek in this area. If you go up to the area where the Park boundary starts, you will probably find that the water temps are too cold. Stay low and the water will be a little warmer and the fish will be bigger. Fish nymphs slow and deep. Good luck!
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

littlerivermike
01-22-2007, 10:29 AM
My team did the water sampling in the Cosby Creek watershed Saturday....water temps between 37 and 41....so not going to be much action inside the Park on Cosby Creek for a while.

Sivad
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the help guys. What is it like in the spring and summer?

Patrick

littlerivermike
01-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Really good starting late March through June. Mostly rainbows from Park boundary up except brookies start just above the campground. Fishing good up to the three forks (Camel Hump) section.