PDA

View Full Version : two topics

choctaw
01-31-2007, 12:00 PM
1. Finding a members name/info, etc:
Just learned from Byron how to easily alphabetize the members list for board name info finding:
On first message board site: Click 'members'. In upper right hand corner click 'sort by: names'. That will change the 'by date' listing to alphabetized by board name.

2. In my opinion, if we all had a nice embossed name tag to wear showing the LRO logo, our Board name and then under that in smaller letters our 'real' name it would help us meet and identify each other while in the LRO store, at members gatherings in the future and as well as serve as an ice breaker while on the streams to other members as well as creating conversations with other folks seeing us fishing. Byron says that he knows a place to order them for us in the area. Seems like a good idea to me! What are your thoughts?

Choctaw

Griff
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't want to wear a name tag everywhere. I have been thinking about haveing LRO window stickers though. I meant to talk to Byron about it last Saturday when I was there for the tying class.

David Knapp
01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
I'll second the LRO board window sticker...good idea Griff!

Kevin_Thomas
01-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Love the sticker idea, and I would consider a subdued patch for my vest. I can't imagine losing my whole vest, but if I did that patch would be handy. And I'll admit I stop and speak with virtually every FF on the stream and I do try to feel them out and see if they are on the board. That's how we hooked up with green weenie one day on the clinch...

DryFly1
01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
Bumper, window and patch! I like them all!
How about a full line of Authentic Little River Fishing gear and attire? Hello Little River- Good by Fish pond. Nothing against Fish Pond but something local would be awesome!

Mark...

TroutDude
02-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I love the patch idea. I have them plastered on my pack from my trips. It disappoints me that I don't have one from LRO.

Dude

Vern
02-01-2007, 11:46 PM
I would go for a bumber sticker or a license plate that can displayed when my old Nissan truck is parked next to the road. Great way to hook up with fellow board members and also advertise for LRO.

Gerry Romer
02-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Have y'all noticed the LRO license plate frames for your vehicles? They're on the little kiosk next to the wall of leaders and tippet material. Hey, it's a start ;)

I've already got my LRO long-billed hat ;D

Gerry

geerona
02-02-2007, 07:43 AM
I've displayed my LRO license plate frame for years and usually wear a LRO hat or shirt when fishing. I would go for a window sticker also. A patch on a vest or shirt would be a nice "ice breaker" when we encounter fellow fly fishers along the streams.

g <*))))><

choctaw
02-02-2007, 09:01 AM
You guys are not only good fly fisherman and good board 'teachers' but darn good salesmen, too!!! Thanks for the better suggestions! You've convinced me...really. My idea for the name badge was good but doesn't hold a shadow against the suggestions for vest patches, the window stickers, the bumper stickers... and the excitement started on this subject.

Byron, as you can see, here's an opportunity for some great advertising and will bring more folks into LRO to pick up the items. Plus it creates enthusiasm for the sport and encourages fellowship stream side, too!

Choctaw

Byron Begley
02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I know guys. Daniel's been trying to get me to do a window sticker for years. I keep putting it on the back burner. I like the vest patch too, great idea. A LRO Message Board T Shirt came up a while back. Our hat company can do the patches. I'll see if someone down in customer service can take care of this. Daniel and I can't handle any new jobs right now. But, great ideas. Keep reminding us.

Byron

Paula Begley
02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
"Customer Service" is on it! ;) I will look into it on Monday...I can likely do some internet searches for decal makers this weekend.

Ask and ye shall receive! :)

Paula

mtnman2888
02-02-2007, 08:03 PM
All those are great ideas. I especially like the message board t shirt and patches. I would without a doubt represent LRO here in NC with a shirt and patch.

Craig

Thunderhead8
02-04-2007, 12:05 AM
We need to form The LRO Boosters Club, and then Byron, Paula and Daniel can confer the title of "LRO Ambassador" to members as they see fit.

I would put the patch on several things and there is always a spot on my truck for a window decal.

SteveP
02-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey I was channel surfin' up here in Indiana, and there was a show called "Kentucky Afield". Anyhow, the host of the show was interviewing a guy (actually about squirrel hunting) and the guy had on an LRO hat!!!

Made me do a double take, and watch the rest of the show!

You don't see much LRO stuff this far North!

Just goes to show what a hat or T shirt can do....made me start planning another trip down there!

Keep up the good work!

buckeyetrouter
02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I wear my LRO t-shirts everywhere in hopes of someone saying..."Hey, I've been to LRO", so far it has only happened once at Madd River Outfitters in Columbus Ohio but it struck up a great conversation (the shop owners were even aware of LRO)

buckeyetrouter

Sage
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Good ideas swimming around here, so I'll take a cast to see if there are any takers.

How about taking a LRO hat or shirt to a local print or embroidery shop and have your name(s) stitched into it. Most everyone wears a hat while fishing, so maybe this could work. Heck, how bout a removable fly patch with an area at the top to place a name? You could attach it to your vest, shirt, hat, just about everywhere.

Best idea yet is the window sticker. Nothing too big. I'd sure buy a few.