PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hatches

MTN_TRT
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I can almost mirror Byron's fishing report for the Smokies to my local mountain stream. Pretty much the hatches are the same, water temps are the same, water flows may differ a little bit from time to time but thats about it. So my question is: when do the first hatches come out and what are they usually? I cant wait until they hatch, so I need to get tying! Thanks guys.

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

DryFly1
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Here is a link that should help and will save alot of typing. * I'm sure others will contribute.

* * Mark...

http://www.smokymountainflyguide.com/smoky%20mountain%20hatch%20charts.htm

Just noticed that the on-line catalogue has a book on smoky mountain fly patterns and hatches!

David Knapp
02-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Just noticed that the on-line catalogue has a book on smoky mountain fly patterns and hatches!

I got a copy of this book from LRO years ago. It is a great little book and I would highly recommend getting one. It is very handy to refer to from time to time. It tells you about every important hatch that you need to know about and gives some good patterns that match these hatches.

MTN_TRT
02-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey, thanks guys.
DryFly1,
That chart is really cool. I can see the pattern when I click on the name thanks.

PA,
NICE BLOG! Beautiful photos!

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD