PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl and Fishing

David Knapp
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, this is a bit off topic but who is everyone pulling for in the Super Bowl? I'm going for the Colts since Peyton Manning is a UT boy. 8-) Just to keep this a little bit about fishing, who all was able to fish this weekend? I was wanting to run up to the Hiwassee today but they are running two generators and I don't feel like wading in that current today.

SteveP
02-04-2007, 04:25 PM
20 knot winds out of the NW, wind chill below zero here in IN, good day to chat about fishing and watch the game GO COLTS!

MTN_TRT
02-04-2007, 04:39 PM
LETS GO BEARS!! I started to hit the SoHo today but I just went for a hike instead. Forgot my camera though :( so not pics for the board. Nice to get out since its so darn cold here. I built a little fire and roasted marshmallows and sang Jimmy Buffet to the top of my lungs. (Just kidding about the singing, I do that in the car.) Just ate a few marshmallows and coffee for lunch so Im starvin'- I cant wait till this evening. HOT WINGS, HOT WINGS! Im rootin for the Bears just cuz I dont like Peyton...sorry PA.

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

buckeyetrouter
02-04-2007, 04:44 PM
have to go with the Colts....most of my employees in Indy area are big Colts fans and I gotta support them.....as for fishing, cut a 8" hole in the ice and snaged a few small crappie.....

buckeyetrouter

Kevin_Thomas
02-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I hope the Colts win just so we don't have to listen to "Can Peyton win the big one?" for god knows how long. I didn't follow football at all this year. I was fishing almost every Saturday and Sunday in the most beautiful place ever created... Please let the Colts win!

Byron Begley
02-04-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not kidding. Until now I didn't know who was playing in the Super Bowl. Fairly narrow focused, huh?

Byron

ijsouth
02-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Gotta pull for the Colts:

1. The Peyton/Archie New Orleans Connection...local boy makes good; it doesn't seem that long ago, but I can remember when he was lighting up the local prep football scene. Of course, I'm happy for Archie too - I can't tell you how many times I sat in the Superdome, watching him run for his life behind the porous Saints O-Lines of that era.

2. They aren't the Bears...I don't dislike the Bears team itself - they won fair and square against my Saints 2 weeks ago, but I can't help but think if we got another crack at them, we would beat them by 30 points...we were moving the ball on them, just made too many mistakes. No, my problem is with the obnoxious Bear fans; trash-talking is one thing, assault is another - a lot of Saints fans went up to Chicago, and there were a lot of ugly incidents up there - I guess those people up there can't handle a little liquor. I feel sorry for the Bears if they ever play us in New Orleans for a playoff game.

All that being said, if I were betting this game (which I'm not), I would take the Bears and the points...I wouldn't be surprised if they won.

DryFly1
02-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Colts all the way! *When he left UT I told my friends that he would break all NFL records and go down in history as the best QB of all time. *He may do just that! *Didn't do any FF,but I did get out and break my cabin fever by backpacking. *The fresh snow this weekend made it all the more sweet! *

* * Mark...

FFM4LIFE
02-04-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm rootin for the Colts! Like PA said,Peyton is a UT boy. I'm havent fished in almost a month its been to cold,but I just started tying flies and i've been doing alot of tying. I hope to get on the water some time soon so i can try out my flies!

geerona
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
The only fishing to be done here in Indiana is through a hole in the ice as buckeyetrouter already stated and I didn't even get to do that this weekend.

The SB thing is a little tough for me since I grew up a Bears fan long before the Colts moved to Indy. That being said I am a bigger fan of Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy, having followed Manning through his years at UT (GO VOLS!) and Dungy since his time at Tampa Bay. Their character both on and off the field make them deserving of a SB title in my opinion. I'm sick of the "can't win the big one" wrap also. Thsoe guys are already winners in my opinion!

GO COLTS!

gary in indiana <*))))><

MTN_TRT
02-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I just had some of my friends call and ask if I was gonna watch the game and stuff. I told em No. Hhaa Theyre always makin fun of me cuz I fish and hike all the time. Truth is I aint watched one game all season...last football game I watched was in Oct.- the last home game at school.

But I cannot believe yall are gonna leave me alone like this! Come on, theres gotta be some Chicago fans somewhere. Its the year of the Bear in Miami! (Im not even sure who plays for the Bears..... ::))

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

DryFly1
02-04-2007, 07:16 PM
:'(Alright, just for you MTN_TRT I will be a bears fan. That is, a black bears fan! I hope those smoky mountain bears are tucked away in their dens snug and warm and getting rested up for a smoky mountain spring! ;D

Go Vols! I mean Colts!!!

Gerry Romer
02-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Colts all the way! Peyton's always gotten a bad rap "Can't win the big one... " Yeah, this one he can!

No fishing for the last couple weeks. Been thinking about going down and trying the Hiwasee soon. :)

Spent the day tearing out the bathroom in the house my daughter just bought (her first), in hopes of "updating" it. House was built in 1936 and modernized sometime in the 70's. Hey, the demo part was fun :o

Gerry

doghaircaddis
02-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah Colts!!

Didn't fish this weekend, but was able to go to the Caney on Wed. Fished from the dam down to the rock bluffs?? and caught a few. It was the coldest day I've ever FF. I only saw one other person all day, and he was in a boat. Spring is right around the corner and boy am I ready!

David Knapp
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Finally! *Peyton got the big one!!! *That was one messy game with all the turnovers but the Colts prevailed so I'm happy...sorry MTN_TRT... 8-) *

Gerry, you really should get down to the HI soon. *It is fishing very well and should only get better as spring approaches. *I'm hoping to get up there soon again myself with some new patterns I've tied. *If you want someone to fish the river with, let me know...

geerona
02-05-2007, 12:03 AM
If you look up "class" in the dictionary you will se a picture of Peyton and Tony. I got my Tennessee Volunteers pants on here in Indiana for good luck and it might have helped. Actually luck has little to do with much but it sure feels good to see them win!

Now if spring will just get here! I wish I could be in the great state of Tennessee right now to fish a little. It is minus 3 where I am sitting!

Go Vols!

DryFly1
02-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Good job Colts! *Great game. *Now it's back to business. *Looking forward to the Titans putting you back in your place at LP Field!! * >:(

MARK....

Mtn_Trt- PM sent back. Yer a good sport...

Gerry Romer
02-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Hey PA --

I'd like to try and set something up for late March / early April. Either a Sunday or a Monday. Any thoughts?

Gerry

David Knapp
02-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Gerry, check your PMs...