PDA

View Full Version : Snow and Fishing

MTN_TRT
02-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I read a post on here a few minutes ago and it got me thinkin'... Trout fishing isnt all that good when its cold, but for me it seems that things pick up a little bit if it snows while Im fishing. This has happened several times (not this year, no real snow yet). I was thinking, do the snow flakes give the appearance of something to eat, or it there a change in pressure of something? Has anyone else experienced this?

I love FF in the snow!

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

Thunderhead8
02-05-2007, 10:17 PM
You also see a lot of pictures of FF in the snow out west. Is it just our southern trout that get put down by the cold? I like winter fishing, just have a harder time finding the chance to go with active kids and shorter days.

BTW, I can really see the days getting longer now...

ijsouth
02-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Check out this forecast:

TANGIPAHOA-WASHINGTON-ST. TAMMANY-PEARL RIVER-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HAMMOND...PONCHATOULA...BOGALUSA...
FRANKLINTON...SLIDELL...MANDEVILLE...COVINGTON...L ACOMBE...
PICAYUNE
337 PM CST MON FEB 5 2007

TONIGHT
PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS.

TUESDAY
SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS
BECOMING SOUTH AROUND 10 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.

TUESDAY NIGHT
PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS.

WEDNESDAY
MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. LIGHT
AND VARIABLE WINDS.

THURSDAY
PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S.

Now, I realize this is for Southeast Louisiana, but after 2 solid weeks of chilly, rainy weather, this might be a sign that we're turning the corner. Not only are the days getting longer, but it looks like the jet stream patterns are modifying. It looks like a slow warmup might be in store for the Southeast.

TroutDude
02-12-2007, 01:08 PM
This got me thinking about a time I was fishing the Little Pigeon above Chimney Tops in the snow. It was an early April storm that started about 2 hours after I had climbed up the river. I was having no luck until the rain switched over to almost white out snow. I managed to catch a few small fish. I think the snow just masked my presence. Lets just say getting back to the car was an extremely dicey proposition. Icey Felt on Wading Boots & Rock Hopping over Huge Boulders don't Mix!

Dude (and I lived to tell about it)