PDA

View Full Version : LRO Board Member Meeting

Green Weenie
02-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Who here would be interested in starting up some kind of organization for the members of this board? *We could get together once a month, swap stories / flies, and just have some good fellowship with one another. *There wouldn't be any dues, just a group of people who love to fish.

Troutman
02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm up for it! Weekends are best for me.

DryFly1
02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I'll have to teleconference. Sure wish I lived closer. I quess I'll have to get the news through message board talk. Another good idea. Have fun..

Mark...

Green Weenie
02-09-2007, 08:12 AM
:-? I would have thought there would have been more of a response.

Griff
02-09-2007, 09:28 AM
I know for me, once a month would be hard to do. I think maybe 2 or 3 times a year would be better.

DryFly1
02-09-2007, 11:15 AM
For those who are married this could be the boys night out. Likewise,you could give your wife a girls night out and this should even the playing field. This is what I do and it seems to always keep things equal and fair. Nothing worse then groveling! :-/

Green Weenie
02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Right on, DryFly1!

mtnman2888
02-09-2007, 04:27 PM
I'd been in for it whenever i could, i live a little ways a way but that would just give me another excuse to come over there!

Craig

budman
02-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Yea I'd like to be able to do it, but I know I wouldn't be able to attend once a month- as much as I'd like to. I've got a 2 yo girl that most of my weekends are devoted to. Keep us posted.

Kevin_Thomas
02-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I'd be up for a Saturday pre-fishing breakfast or Sat post fishing dinner. Get some ideas, share some lies, I mean stories...

buckeyetrouter
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
would love to do something like this guys, but I'm 6.5 hours away......I could make it 4-5 times a year though.......

I think this a great idea and hope it takes off, I would enjoy participating in my limited capacity (unless job situations get me south earlier than retirement)......

buckeyetrouter

Vern
02-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I see maybe a once a quarter meeting. This would give some of us an excuss to come up once during the different seasons. January(fly tying kick off meeting), April/May spring hatch, July(Green weenie and yellow tubers hatch ;D) September/October Great Fall Fishing. Have the meetings saturday evening at one of the local resturants. Or get a confirmed head count and have it catered at LRO charging around $10-12 a plate.
As far as a boys night out, we had better be carefull there are several mambers of the fairer sex on the board(Paula for one). Maybe a flyfishers night out.

jgduckhunter
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Iwould be all for it. I'm around 2.5 hours away but I would come every time I could. Afew extra day trips to the Smokies wouldn't hurt anyone. I would be interested to see how many on the board in middle Tn. would like to carpool.
Maybe fish the park then eat. Something like that anyway.

Green Weenie
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I think it would be really nice to do it once a month, but if not, I am a big fan of vernonkofc's idea of once a quarter. This would give the guys who live a little farther out more time to plan on getting here.

I would still like to see some type of 'unofficial' organization formed; with logos and the like. That way, when it comes to issues regarding our sport, we could more easily make our voices heard. We are basically a club now. We could tie it in with the LRO store, which would mean some added publicity for LRO in general.

choctaw
02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Great Idea, Green Weenie! Wonder if for just starting purposes it might be a good idea to consider...as an example: 7:30 a. m. breakfast the third Saturday morning of each month at a particular restaurant in Townsend? This way after several months an idea of the local member interest could be evaluated in light of organizing something more formal.

Choctaw

Green Weenie
02-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I would like to second choctaw's suggestion. Let's kick the tires and light the fires.

Shall we begin this month?

Troutman
02-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I can meet this Saturday the 17th. Feb. 24th would be hard because of LRTU Acid Depo. training at 9am.
Let me know what is decided and where to meet.
Troutman

choctaw
02-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I'll be going out of town this weekend but could make a get together on Saturday the 24th.

Don't guess that a particular Saturday will be good for everyone. So, here's another thought: Before I moved up here from the Gulf Coast a bunch of us local general aviation pilots had a understanding that anyone and everyone that could attend breakfast on any Saturday morning beginning at 7:30 a. m. would simply just show up at this particular restaurant whereby a large table was set aside by the restaurant owner for attendees with other tables being pulled up and joining the rest when the crowd grew larger. This arrangement proved successful for over a decade giving a mixture of guys/gals the opportunity to come when they could and as often as they could. We started out with this activity with the original idea of later on forming something more formal but never did. It was too much fun just showing up for a couple of hours and visiting over breakfast. So, we just kept on year after year keeping it informal with agreed upon cook-outs every once in a while at a willing hosts house and with impromptu group trips to various air-shows and rallies.

Any further thoughts Green Weenie and Troutman....and let's hear from all you other possible attendees, too?

ttas67
02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
choctaw, I think that sounds like a good idea!