PDA

View Full Version : Cookout May 19th, 2007

budman
02-07-2007, 05:44 PM
OK here's the latest greatest on the cookout. I decided to start a new topic just to keep myself from getting confused (it doesn't take much ;)).
We will have Metcalf Bottoms Pavilion reserved for Sat May 19th from 4pm - 8 pm. I have cleared us with the park service to have Buddy's BBQ cater it, but the key is that we need at least 35 people signed up for food to have them do it. I had the guy at Buddy's quote me for 40 people and it looks like it will be about $11 - 12 per person, which includes the pavilion rental ($20) & the travel fee for Buddy's ($50). The more people we have show, the less it will be per person. If I remember correctly the GSMNP site says that the pavilion will hold up to 70 people, but my feeling is that if we have more than that there should be plenty of room to spread out.
The menu will be an all you can eat buffet that will consist off BBQ chicken, pork, sandwich buns, sides ( I would guess corn, beans,chips, etc), drinks, & I think dessert. They will also provide plates & utensils. There is the option of doing just pork (no chicken) that would reduce the cost by $1 per, but I thought there may be a few out there that didn't eat pork or just prefered chicken.
I have scheduled dinner to start at 5pm thinking that should give us time to eat and socialize then still maybe have a little bit of daylight left to fish a little more. We officially have the pavilion until 8pm, but there will not be a group scheduled after us.
I won't need any firm commitments at this point but if you are reasonably sure that you are going to attend please post a response so that I can be fairly confident that we are going to have the required number to get Buddy's to cater, in other words I've already put a deposit down :o. Judging from the past responses I don't think that is going to be an issue. Sometime in April I will make another post to remind everyone and at that time I will need to get a firm headcount so I can relay that to Buddy's.
If anyone has any suggestions on our menu options or dinner time please let me know, because we do have some flexibility at this point. I look forward to seeing everyone there, I think it'll be a blast.
I would also be interested to see what ya'lls plans are for accommodations, hoteling it or camping, & if camping which campground? I'm kinda up in the air depending on if my wife & little girl come too.
Later, Matt

DryFly1
02-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Budman,

Thanks for all the footwork! I will be in the moutains camping with my 4yo son.
(I always stay at elkmont but have Cades Cove campsite reserved this time) Variety is the spice of life....
Mark...

Kevin_Thomas
02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
I'll be at Little River Village...

TFnut
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I'll be there with my wife and kids! *I'll probably stay in a local hotel (Comfort Inn or something like that).

Thanks for setting this up!!! *::)

TFnut

Green Weenie
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Count me in. I'll be glad to help any way I can. I probably won't stay in Townsend, though. I just live here in Knoxville.

ijsouth
02-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I'd love to make it...don't know if I can swing that weekend...any of y'all up for some boiled crawfish with that bbq?

DryFly1
02-08-2007, 07:23 AM
ijsouth,

You sure know how to make a man hungry at 0500 in the morning! My wife and I (before kids) made our annual pilgrimage to New Orleans for boiled crawfish and the obligatory trip to Cafe' Du Monde for those tasty beignets and French Market coffee. *Hope you can make it.. And yes, a shrimp and crawfish boil sounds great! *2 words- *YUM-YUM!!!

* Mark....

ijsouth
02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, brown shrimp season will probably be a week or so out by the time of the cookout...and it's towards the end of the traditional crawfish season...before there was so much pond-raised crawfish, we were dependent on the high waters of the Mississippi coming down and flooding the Atchafalaya Basin. The best crawfish still comes from there - the wild spillway mudbugs tend to be bigger and more flavorful, IMO.

Probably the biggest day for crawfish boils is Good Friday - very traditional.

ttas67
02-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I'll be there, and I'll be hungry. I live in knoxville, but I may camp just for the heck of it. budman, thanks for taking initiative and heading this thing up. it'll be great to meet everyone.

Griff
02-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I'll be there! I will be camping somewhere, maybe Little River Village.

BOILED CRAWFISH...HECK YEAH!!!!

I lived in Baton Rouge for five years, about the only thing I miss about living there is the food.

MTN_TRT
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
I tell ya what..Ill come if ijsouth comes and cooks up some creole for us. Ive always lived in the mountains but Ive got that creole soul !!!

MTN_TRT
LIFE IS GOOD

Hawgdaddy
02-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Too bad this isn't one week later. I'll be up there with a group of friends for a five day fly fishing trip on Memorial Day weekend. Anyway, the main reason for my reply is to provide a crawfish tip:

Here in north Alabama, several fields are flooded for waterfowl hunters on public land (management areas and wildlife refuges). I don't know if they do this in Tennessee. These fields are drained in the spring, usually in April if memory serves. If you hit it right after they drain the fields, crawfish lay thick on the ground. You can pick them up by hand, pretty much all you want. It's an annual tradition for us. Several of us head over there and pick up about 20 lbs of the things and have a crawfish, shrimp, and smoked sausage boil. Also take a rake. If there are any drainage ditches with water still standing, you can rake the bottoms of the ditches to pull out gobs of crawfish. I'm guessing the crawfish grow fat on the flooded vegetation. Anyway, it's a great way to have your own Louisiana crawfish boil right at home with fresh crawdads. Sorry I'll miss the cookout,

hawgdaddy

Woody
02-09-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll be there Possble three of us. Can't wait

buckeyetrouter
02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
I am planning on bringing Abby down for a late mothers day fishing trip....if all goes as planned, we will both be there.....Not sure if we will be camping or staying at my friends cabin, but either way, we can spend lots of time around a camp fire if there is a group hooking up for campfires and lies,,,uh stories......

buckeyetrouter

ijsouth
02-10-2007, 12:42 AM
These fields are drained in the spring, usually in April if memory serves. hawgdaddy

Yep...that's very similar to what happens here, with the "farmed" crawfish. Here, it's idle rice paddies, mostly in Southwest Louisiana. The crawfish gorge themselves on the rice plant stalks, etc. The best ones are still the "wild" ones, from the spillway - they tend to be bigger.

There are literally thousands of varieties of crawfish, and they're found on every continent except Antarctica. They sure are good...their only drawback is that the energy expended to peel them is almost more than what is gained from the meat.

I shouldn't have mentioned them...now, everyone thinks I'm a gourmet chef ;) I cook a few things well, but not that many.

Looking at the timing of this...I'd love to make it, but it's gonna be tough to swing - it's right at the end of the school year for the kids, so that complicates things. There's a chance, but not a great one, that I'll be there.

jgduckhunter
02-11-2007, 01:35 AM
I am planning on coming to Townsend for my first camping/ flyfishing trip alone.Can anyone suggest a campground? Nothing fancy just a tent and a fire. Will things be crowded on this weekend? Do I need to make reservations? Thanks for your help.

DryFly1
02-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Hey jgduckhunter,

There are several campgrounds from which to choose from and you can reserve on-line now. *If you are wanting to FF the tennessee side I usually camp at Elkmont or Cades Cove both fairly close to Townsend.

Crowded- Most likely yes!!

DryFly1
02-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Are you coming to the cookout? Also, Trout Fest is that weekend and will contribute to the number of people out fishing and camping...

jgduckhunter
02-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Yes I am planning on coming to the cookout. I am also wondering what this Trout Fest is . Is this a big deal?

budman
02-11-2007, 09:26 AM
jgduckhunter, Hey you can check out the website for Troutfest *troutfest.org. I haven't been before- I really wanted to go last year, but already had something planned. Sounds like it ought to be a good time. As far as the camping goes I agree with DryFly on Cades Cove or Elkmont, I stay at Elkmont when I camp- there is a lot of good fishing within minutes of the campground. I would definately go ahead and reserve a spot if I was you, they book up quick. Look forward to seein ya there!

Vern
02-11-2007, 06:35 PM
I was planning on coming, but I am also coming up on Memorial Day with the whole family , may be able to do both if I can It get by both af my Bosses. Wife and work. Gaint fish is runing track for his high school so I may be coming by myself if he has a track meet that weekend. >:( To many variables. I was in the process of booking a campsite in Elkmont when I returned to the post and saw Hawgdaddy post about Memorial Day. Two weekends in a row would be nice.

Vern
02-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Just Talked to Gaintfish and his mom, he has finals the following monday and tuesday, so it sounds like a solo trip for me. I hate that I would like hom to meet all of you all.

cdu1961
02-16-2007, 01:22 PM
sounds great to me.there will be 2 of us.

tngreg
02-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Count me in!
Sounds like fun! Hope the weather holds out for Troutfest.

Greg

tennswede
02-18-2007, 04:10 PM
well, folks, I have lurked on this subject but since it looks like it's going to be a fun project I guess I need to commit. I was planning to stop by the troutfest anyway, I will be in the vicinity on that day.

Byron Begley
02-18-2007, 07:55 PM
You can count me and Paula in. Joe Humphreys may be here for a visit so if he is we'll bring him along. I'll make sure he joins the board though so he's an official member. But, Paula and I will be there for sure.

Byron

fishlicker
02-18-2007, 08:47 PM
The wife and I are interested for sure. I can give you a 95% on us being there at this point. Sounds like fun.

Just so I'm straight though - this is what? - a cookout for members of the message board? A LRO thing? A TU thing? Just wanting to know which group not to talk bad about.

kidding. :>)

DryFly1
02-18-2007, 08:52 PM
The man formerly known as Owl,

It's a LRO "Message Board Member" Cookout... I will have my son with me.. See you there!

Mark...

Flat Fly n
02-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Will be there. Glad Buddy's can make it and the park said yes!

Flat Fly'n

budman
02-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Flat Fly n,
Thanks for your help getting me in touch with Bob & Jay. Look forward to seein ya there.

sammcdonald
02-21-2007, 02:21 PM
count me in....i'm 5 minutes from metcalf bottoms.

Dancing Bear
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM
My wife ('Possum) and I are planning on being at the cookout. We're looking forward to meeting eveyone. It sounds like a good time.

TchJim
03-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Count me in. Will just be one. "Campground" is down in Louisville and I hope we are in the house by then --- this living out of a suitcase is wearing a bit thin.:)
Jim

choctaw
03-20-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm looking forward to being there. I, too, live in 'the valley' and just 5 or 10 ten
minutes from Metcalf Bottoms.

Choctaw

Byron Begley
04-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Is the cookout still on? I haven't seen a post here in a while.

Byron

buckeyetrouter
04-24-2007, 08:32 PM
please tell me it is still on......looking forward to meeting ya'll

if it still on, you can count Abby and I in.......

buckeyetrouter

TroutDude
04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
It looks like my work schedule just opened up, so...crossing my fingers... Melissa and I may be joining you all as well.

Dude

ttas67
04-24-2007, 09:15 PM
I was just thinking about this the other day. it's getting close, and time to solidify the arrangements. where's budman? I think he's heading this whole thing up.

budman
04-25-2007, 05:16 AM
ttas, I'm glad you brought it up. I was planning on sitting down this weekend & PMing everyone who had said they were coming so I could get a final head count for Buddy's. I will be doing that in the next few days. hopefully this may spark an interest for those who have signed up to the board in the past month, or those who may not have seen the post before. If anyone has any questions about it please feel free to PM me. Stay tuned!

mmorgan135
04-26-2007, 11:12 PM
count me in as well please...

Woody
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm still in, getting hungry just thinking about it

sammcdonald
04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
i got the day off.......and am gonna be there with the feed bag on.....hey phil snapp, get on down here

ttas67
04-27-2007, 08:22 PM
you guys make sure and eat a lot of BBQ so you get kind of lazy, that way I'll be able to find me a prime spot on the water for the evening hatch.

budman
04-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that if you have said previously that you were going to try to attend the cookout, I have sent a PM to you. I am just trying to get a final head count to pass along to the caterer. If you are just now seeing this post or have been trying to decide on whether or not to attend, there is still time. Please contact me by PM or email & let me know. Right now I am anticipating a group of about 30-40, but we've got plenty of room for more (As long as you don't plan on getting in ttas fishing holes!). Look forward to seeing ya'll there!

Baldeagle
04-29-2007, 06:46 AM
budman

I did not get a PM but I will be there at the cookout.

choctaw
04-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Budman, count me in, also.

Choctaw

TroutDude
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok, I'm in.

You need any help setting up Budman?

Paula Begley
04-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Byron and I are in too! We will be coming off of Troutfest where I help with food, so I can assist. Just let me know. I set a mean table! ;)

Paula

ijsouth
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Well, as I said in my PM to Budman...it's very doubtful that we can make it this month. It's the last month of school for the kids, and the teachers always get their last licks in before turning them loose for the summer. It would be tough to drive up there for a weekend, with them having to knock out a pile of homework. However, there's always an outside chance...maybe they'll let up, as that's the weekend before they finish up. We would love to be able to make it.

DryFly1
05-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Well guys and gals, the cookout is just over a week away! Looking forward to meeting all you fly fishers. Hope there is a good turnout...

Mark...

TroutDude
05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I can't wait to meet you all. I'll be there rain or shine!

Dude

DryFly1
05-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey Budman,

Just out of curiosity,how many have signed up for the cookout and what's the final cost per head?

Thanks
Mark....

budman
05-16-2007, 02:56 PM
OK Final call for those wanting to attend the cookout. Food will be served at 5pm Sat at the pavillion at Metcalf Bottoms. Below is a list of everyone I have heard from & the number indicating how many will attend. If I left you off or you have not replied, please email me at md11mathews@comcast.net ASAP. I will be calling Buddy's Thurs AM to give a final head count at which time I will receive a final cost. I look forward to seeing ya'll there.

mmorgan 1 jgduckhunter 1
redc4man 1 griff 1
tennswede 1 buckeyetrouter 1
ttas 1 Paula & Byron
vern 1 troutdude 2?
troutman 1 Dryfly 1
green weenie 1 Budman 2
choctow 1

Paula Begley
05-16-2007, 08:46 PM
OK Final call for those wanting to attend the cookout. Food will be served at 5pm Sat at the pavillion at Metcalf Bottoms. Below is a list of everyone I have heard from & the number indicating how many will attend. If I left you off or you have not replied, please email me at md11mathews@comcast.net ASAP. I will be calling Buddy's Thurs AM to give a final head count at which time I will receive a final cost. I look forward to seeing ya'll there.

mmorgan 1 jgduckhunter 1
redc4man 1 griff 1
tennswede 1 buckeyetrouter 1
ttas 1 Paula & Byron
vern 1 troutdude 2?
troutman 1 Dryfly 1
green weenie 1 Budman 2
choctow 1

Budman...

I am not sure, are you only counting people who pm'd you? I went through the thread and found also:

Buckeyetrouter had 2; Dryfly1 with 2; also, TFNut, Woody with 3, cdu1961 with 2, TNgreg, Flatflyn, Sam Mcd with 2, Dancing Bear, tchJim and Dancing Bear.

eeek! That is 15 more...

Paula

TroutDude
05-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Looks like its just going to be me coming down. So you can change my reservation to 1 person instead of 2. Looking forward to meeting you all Saturday.

Dude

Vern
05-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I just found out monday that my Brother had to have 5 by passes. But he is doing good, but I may have to go to WVA If he needs me too. A little Scary when a 52yr old has to have something like that done. But I alreay have paid for a campsite a Cades Cove and hopefully every thing keeps going well for him and i can still make the trip. Little scary he was floating the Cranberry river in Wva weekend before last and had some minor pains, than this weekend had a full blowen heart attack. No warning at all.

DryFly1
05-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Hey Vern,

Hope your brother recovers quickly. Family always comes first. If all goes well,see you at the cookout.

Mark...

rainshaker
05-16-2007, 11:53 PM
Better late than never

Sign me up for 2 people... I'm headed towards Townsend

budman
05-17-2007, 04:59 AM
Paula- Good call, I guess that's why they pay you the big bucks?!? I did add the ones that I missed from previous posts, & got some resposes from others. It should, by my count, bring us up to around 30-35 people. I'll check my email & the board again later this morning before making the call to Buddy's.
BTW Vern I second the thoughts from DryFly. I hope all goes well & look forward to meeting you if you can make it.
Matt

buckeyetrouter
05-17-2007, 06:03 AM
hey Vern........second what everyone has said, thoughts and prayers are with your family that all will do well and hoping that you get to attend the cookout........

buckeyetrouter

DryFly1
05-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Cookout weather forecast- The Weather Channel

Mostly Sunny- 76/50 So far were off to a good start...

Mark...

Vern
05-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes and prayes for my brother. Actualy got to talk to him this am and he is in good spirits and may get to go home monday. Told him I was coming to the gsmnp and he doesn't get. Why are you going after the dinks? is what he thinks. So as of right now i will be up there about 9:00am friday.

budman
05-17-2007, 08:09 PM
DryFly- Yea I'm glad you volunteered to take care of the weather- excellent job! We could stand to have 2-3 more people Sat.- if there's still anyone on the fence? The minimum for Buddy's is 35 people & I think I counted 32. They will cater it for less people, but will charge for 35. I considered doing away with the BBQ chicken, but it would have only reduced the cost by $.75 per person so I kept it on the menu. The menu will consist of:
BBQ Pork
BBQ Chicken
Buns
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Potato Chips
Iced Tea
Lemonade
They will also provide utensils, cups, ice etc.
The total breakdown on cost is:
35 people @ $8.75 per - 306.25
tax - 29.85
mileage charge - 50.00
Pavillion fee
(paid when I reserved it)- 20.00

great weather, beautiful
scenery, & plenty of tall
fish tales - N/C (on the house)

grand total -406.10
/ 35 people = 11.60 per

We have the pavillion starting at 4 and dinner will be served from 5-6. I'll probably be in the vicinity around 3-4 doing some fishing until people start arriving. I'll either be in a gray Tacoma (if I'm by myself) or in a gold Pathfinder if my wife & daughter come with me. I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday.
Matt

Paula Begley
05-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Budman...

You are to be commended for your efforts on this...we all appreciate it!

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Paula

budman, check your pm's.

Green Weenie
05-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Hey budman,

Put me down for one more. I talked to a friend of mine last night and he's coming with me. We'll probably fish all day until time for the cookout.

See everyone there!

Backwards Evolution
05-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Budman,

My girl friend and I would love to jump in and help on that BBQ... But we have to stay at the vendor tent at TroutFest until after 6pm. I'm guessing most of the eating will be done by the time we pack up the valuables and get over there...

Otherwise I would have offered to bring the head count up and help out on the cost.

If you will still be serving later than say 6:45pm... we might be able to make it... I know I will be hungry.

Let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Jonathan

mtnman2888
05-19-2007, 07:23 AM
I would like to wish everyone that is attending the event a good time. Unfortunately, i was unable to come because of a wedding today, but i hope that this is a success and can be done again in the near future. Y'all have a great cookout!

Craig

ijsouth
05-19-2007, 12:36 PM
The thought of coming up there at the last minute did briefly cross my mind, but there's too much to do around the house, too much going on at work, and one of the girls has a birthday party to go to tomorrow. Soon, all this "clutter" will be gone, and we'll be up there the second weekend in June.

Y'all have a great time.

Byron Begley
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I can't believe how many members I have met or talked to today. I even got to meet MTNTRT's dog Molly. Tonight is going to be fun.

Byron

TroutDude
05-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey guys,
A toast to a great weekend in the smokies. Even though I didn't get to meet a lot of you all, It was great to see all the support for LRO, the board, and fishing in general. I thought the cookout was a great idea. I think a big thanks needs to go out to Matt for all he did in getting us all together. Hope to see you all again next year.

Dude

Byron Begley
05-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Great Job Budman,

Paula and I had a great time and it was good to meet new members and visit with those of you who we know. The food was great too.

Thanks for getting this together Matt.

Byron

choctaw
05-21-2007, 04:39 PM
But not in a particular order:

1. Meeting you guys was the best!!!
2. Matt (Budman) did fantastic in the setup. Thanks for stepping up and getting it done, ...before, during and after.
3. The location at the Bottoms, the pavilion, the food and the weather were perfect.
4. Having some of you guys drive for it so far was heart warming.
5. The flowing enthusiasm for our sport dominated. The sharing of techniques and 'tricks' were boundless. (Too bad we've got to wait until next year for another time like this!!...or do we?)

Suggestions: Let's all agree to make it an annual feat, at least. I don't know why but we all, without saying anything about it, began to leave once the caterer began to pack up. Next time let's not leave until ...say dark...except of course those who want to go fish some before sunset. This will give more time for meeting everyone. Besides, I'll need some new faces to tell all my fish stories to!

Over all it was a 10!!! If you miss the gathering this time but like this message board, don't miss the next get together. It makes reading these messages a lot more interesting when you can put a face and a personal name on the posting.

Choctaw

tennswede
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
yeah, that was my only regret that I had to sneak out so soon. I couldn't bear to miss the sulphurs. I suggest next time we do it at mid day. That way there won't be any pressure to hit the stream and we would have more to visit with each other.

ttas67
05-21-2007, 08:53 PM
that probably would be better. I got caught up fishing, lost track of time and arrived at the cookout at 5:45. by the time I'd eaten, everybody was pretty much gone and I didn't get to meet too many people.

Gerry Romer
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I suggest next time we do it at mid day. That way there won't be any pressure to hit the stream and we would have more to visit with each other.

I agree with the mid-day suggestion, especially if the spring weather next year is anything like this year. I swear, those bugs don't have a real good idea of which end is up. You've got morning activity, followed by a mid-day slow down, followed by early evening insanity. That mid-day slow down would be a great time for some BBQ.

Gerry

Vern
05-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Second or third earlier in afternoon. Had a great time, Like everyone else enjoyed the food and meeting fellow people with the same zest for flyfishing.
Also thank you Byron and Paula, I am asked to do a lot of catered dinners for my church. So I counted, 26 people, which is a good turn out but was not 35.
So someone paid the differance in the catering bill. And I have an idea it came out of Byrons and Paula's pocket. I would have paid a little more to prevent that but I over heard Budman say it was taken care of. I hope we all realise what great people they are!!!!!!

Caneybuff
05-22-2007, 01:12 AM
sorry I missed it... really sounds fine.... better than that

was in the shop a month ago... what a great bunch, ... looking forward to another trip to Townsend and the blue lines

budman
05-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Hey I'm glad everyone was able to make it. If we do this again I don't think we can expect any better weather- thanks again DryFly!. Choctow- I appreciate you thinking about picking up the name tags & clip board for people to sign in, but that thing about me keeping it so I can head this thing up next year? I may have to nominate you! I think our long distance awards go to Woody (DC), Buckeyetouter (OH), & Baldeagle (OH). That's pretty impressive. There was some talk about next year & the idea of a covered dish dinner came up. That just makes me keep thinking about ijsouth & crawfish! He may get the long distance award next year. Anyway I think everyone had a great time, & I really enjoyed meeting everyone. BTW Vern, you are correct, Byron & Paula were very kind & out of the goodness of their heart they covered my you know what!! We did have a few that weren't able to make it so they made up the difference (whew- kept me out of the doghouse with Mrs. Budman!). Ya'll have a great summer!
Matt

fishlicker
05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Me too guys. Sorry I couldn't be there! Sounds like it was alot of fun though. I sure would have loved to have met ya'll in person. Maybe it could be a quarterly thing. A cook-out of burgers and dogs, with everyone bringing something would be fun too. Fish in the am - grill something up for a late lunch and fish some more til dark!

can you tell i'm jealous of the folks that got to go? ;)

Vern
05-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Since I will proably camp again next year, and ate Instant oats and instant soup cups for my other meals, I don't think any one would like my covered dish.:biggrin: First time I used my Jet boil, well worth the money, its amazingly fast.

Green Weenie
05-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Hey budman,

Sorry I was unable to make the cookout. I had brought along a friend to fish with that day with the understanding that we would attend the cookout at 6pm. After fishing the West Prong for most of the day, we decided to check out Troutfest. We had been there about 30 minutes when he received a call from his better half. After the call, he turns to me and says he has to get home...to Knoxville.:confused:
So, after a few choice words, I relented and brought him home.:mad:

Anyway, my apologies if I left anyone holding the bag for my part. I'll make it up next time.

ttas67
05-24-2007, 11:10 AM
chad, I wondered what happened to you!