PDA

View Full Version : Coming March 2-4th

Vern
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
I am bring some of the people I work with the first weekend in march. This will the earlist I have fished the GSMNP. I am taking off Friday to do some Brook trout fishing before everyone comes up. since I am still nursing my broken foot I was thinking about The west prong above the loop the loop. I have a experanced hiker that is a bigginer fly fisherman that wants to go with me. He wants to camp so i was thinking about taking him on the little river above elkmont, fish on the way up to site 24 and leave him and his sons and fish back to elkmont. I have been up to Goshen prong and other than one spot it seemed like a good trail. What do you all think, water warm enought then? I have never caugth a brookie up there but have heard they are there. Saturday I need to take 2 newbes I am going to stay down low with them.

ijsouth
02-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Well, I'll let ya know. If the (somewhat) optimistic forecasts for next week hold, we'll be coming up there toward the end of next week. I'm not expecting nonstop action - I'll be happy with just a fair amount of hits.