PDA

View Full Version : Townsend "Cabin"

TroutR
02-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Every year during spring break (fist of April) my family and I come up and fish the park. We usually stay between Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. This is so my wife and daughter can have fun in town in the mornings before we go fishing in the afternoons. I usually fish the Elkmont and Tremont areas.
I am planning a trip with some buddies the second week in May this year also, and I want to stay closer to where we will be fishing instead of the 30-40 minute drive. I have never stayed in the Townsend area. We don't need anything elaborate, just clean and 4 beds. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

ijsouth
02-14-2007, 11:28 PM
There are a couple of "standard" motels in Townsend, along with cabins, etc...plenty to choose from. I don't know how busy it will be then; I know just by looking at all the tubing places along the river that it must be jumping in the summer.

It's a great place to stay, IMO - it isn't a madhouse like Gatlinburg, and you are literally minutes from Tremont, etc.

Rog 1
02-15-2007, 10:38 AM
There are a lot of cabins for rent in the Wears Valley area as well as the new Wonderland hotel....you might be able to find one close to the cut over to Metcaff Bottoms which puts you on the Little River between Elkmont and Tremont....I would google any of the local visitor sites that list cabin rentals...you can usually find a specific area and go from there.

Paula Begley
02-15-2007, 10:49 AM
"Visit Townsend" is a member here. You could email Herb and I am sure he would be thrilled to send you some info.

Paula

Sage
02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
You can also consider Maryville. I live there and it takes me 15 minutes to be at the door of LRO. If you would like to be close to some good restaurants with normal hours, you may want to think about staying here, but Townsend has some nice advantages also. If you need some info on Maryville, PM me and I'll try to help.

TroutR
02-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys for all the info. I'm sure I can find what we are looking for. It really nice to have a place like this to go to.