PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

Payne102
02-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Just wanted to say hello. Looking forward to this board and learning all I can about trout fishing here in Eastern Tennessee. Just moved to the area about 1 year ago and very pleased to find out that I am so near fine fishing. Just recently made my first visit to the LRO shop. What a fabulous place. I've never felt more welcome at anyplace than I did there from the time I walked into the door. No stuffiness there. Great people. Just got my first bamboo rod, a lifelong desire, and looking forward to fishing the Little River in late March. Hired a guy the first time out so wish me luck.

Gerry Romer
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Talk about starting off on the right foot!! I wish I could have written that post about 25 years ago when I first got to the area. Oh, wait... we didn't have message boards 25 years ago. We also didn't have LRO 25 years ago. I gues that disproves the old axiom. The more things change, well, the more things change. In this case the change is definitely for the better.

Welcome aboard! You're gonna love it here.

Gerry

DryFly1
02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome Payne102,

Nothing like cutting the learning curve in half. Good job! Enjoy and let us know how the first trip goes.

Mark....

David Knapp
02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the board! That bamboo rod should be fun to use for fishing dries in the upcoming weeks...