PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fished the Sipsey lately?

bamafisherlady
02-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Wow, it's been a while I've been on this board. I like the new setup, looks good!

I am thinking, only thinking at this point, about fishing tomorrow at the dam. How has fishing been lately, anybody been recently? I got on the Riverside site today and saw the pic of the pickerel- man, what a fish!

Take care.
Lynn

Stonefly
02-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I had never heard of a trout stream in Abalama until I saw something about the Sipsey this past week, possibly the same day Bamafisherlady posted! Anyway, I sent some info to a buddy in Oxford -- looks like that might be closest trout water for him. If anyone has info I'd like to pass it on to him.

sb

DALEFISH
02-24-2007, 03:26 PM
why of course,i`ve fished(not swam) the sipsey lately.its fishing good right now.i caught 17 last saturday from 11:00 til 5:00.fish are still hitting small stuff.i tied some olive bead head zebra midges a couple of nights before and thats all i used.i used an indicator from1 to 2 ft up.my fishing buddy used the same flys and only had 1 bite.i know i missed at least 30 bites.i think the key was making long drifts,being patient and using 6X flourocarbon tippet.i also expirmented with adding a very small bright orange tail to the flys.they seemed to like that when got tough.all were size 18.
dalefish

bamafisherlady
03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Hey there, sorry it has been so long since I havebeen back on. I did go that Saturday and we had a little luck - most of the girls who fished used Salmon eggs and I used my flies. Must not be very good at selections b/c they looked at everything I put on and then swam off with the exception of one trout. Anyway, I might try it again next week. I love it down there!

Take care and try not to swim!
Lynn