PDA

View Full Version : Clinch Feb 25th 2007

tennswede
02-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Couldn't wait any longer so I went to Miller Island about 1pm. Fished until 5, extremely windy but not cold. Water temp 49. There's was some activity on top were not able to identify the fly. Caught 3 small bows. All came on a Prince size 18. There were not too many people on the river. I guess the wind kept em' home. I say the gusts were around 35 mph.

I'm definitely ready for the HI next week.

Troutman
02-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Hans, Good for you! It feels great to shake those cobwebs off the casting arm doesn't it? Fishing in those tough windy conditions makes you a better caster especially when you go out west to all those big open rivers with a constant wind blowing down them.
I like to tie my #18 prince nymphs on a curved caddis pupae hook like a TMC 2457. I use them on every Tailwater around here and they always seem to produce several fish every trip.

Leinart
02-25-2007, 09:15 PM
It felt like 25 mph winds! I managed to land a few rainbows-the biggest measured 12.5". I played a nice Brown for a few seconds but, he had other ideas! All were caught on the "Roach rig"- Fisherman M. Roach's bugger and pheasant tail combo.
L.

Kevin_Thomas
02-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Saturday, March 3, 2007, the unsuspecting trout of the Hiwassee River will feel the pain of the LRO Message Board members. We'll call it "Defiance in Reliance" brought to you by LRO and exclusively on Pay Per View.

See you there!

tennswede
02-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I don't think I have ever felt pressure like this I'm gonna have to produce to show my buddy that this sport is exciting. I know as a beginner it helps with action from the get go and I can't come up with anything better than the Hiwassee right now. I'm hoping for warm days this week to liven things up. I will be rigging up at Childer's Creek area at about first daylight on Saturday. I will bring a gallon of coffee. I have to get up at 4 am in order to get out of K-town in time.