PDA

View Full Version : The Official " I hate you, Byron " thread!

fishlicker
03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
From today's fishing report by Mr. B:
I can't wait. My tackle is sitting poised in my office waiting for the moment. I can be out the door and on the stream in 10 minutes.

Oh, the humanity! What a cruel, cruel man you are. :) LOL hahahahaa

Byron Begley
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Fishlicker,

I thought this might be from my neighbor the firebug. See you soon buddy.

Byron

cubefisher
03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
See, I'm conflicted on this. On the one hand, I see where you're coming from, but, see, I live vicariously through Byron's daily fishing report and the reports that come from him and others that actually get out.

If he and others don't go, I will have nothing in the way of a fishing life.

fishlicker
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
cubefisher, I'll fabricate some reports for you...
Byron, OOPS..sorry about that - I read what you were saying about that guy....hello? McFly? Man, those kind of folks make you wonder not if they were dropped, but how many times!? :)

cubefisher, here ya go...now Byron can stay and do some work around the shop....

Fishing Report

The water temp today was pushing 136 degrees and the wind was -4 out of the east/northwest.
Today the fish were rising two feet out of the water at #10 Stimulators, which were hatching by the millions. We had to go leave the stream about every ten minutes to clean the giant insects( yes, the stimulators) out of our hair, mouth, ears, eyes, and nose! The sunrise was perfect and the cows were playing dodge-ball instead of just eating grass as they normally do. Except one old bull who was otherwise involved with a fellow holding a red tablecloth and dressed in a sequined tuxedo and large hat. Probably the cow farmer I'm guessing?
At any rate, when the hatch of Stimulator flies stopped around 10:30, there was a blizzard hatch of tiny #36 Globalls. ( Yes, the orange ones that hatch the day before a full moon) We tied on some #28's - the smallest we had, but they wouldn't have it. The flanker fish were just super-selective today, I guess.

there ya go. ;)

whaydda mean no good? LOL

Paula Begley
03-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Honey (referring to Byron here:p), I don't care what anyone else says or thinks... I <3 u ;)!

How about let's go fishin' after work sometime soon?

Paula

fishlicker
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
First " ten minutes " to the stream, and now this! Oh how heartbreaking! :) LOL

Grumpy
03-03-2007, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't call it hate, ENVY comes to mind though;) It takes me 30 minutes to get to the water:mad:

Grumpy

sammcdonald
03-03-2007, 03:58 PM
with winds 26-30 sustained and gusts to 40, any trout caught today will immediately become trout kites.

Thunderhead8
03-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Byron,

Did you land that blue marlin I saw you playing at the Y? Must have taken an hour and a half!

Burt

Thunderhead8
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
BTW,

This thread really clarifies the hiring of a retired psychologist at the shop.

Burt

Byron Begley
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Burt,

I'm not really into angling for billfish. It was a small tarpon, about 50 pounds. I lost him after a brief thirty minute fight.

Byron

TomW
03-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Boy! I think I need to come down and try some of the moonshine you guys have been drinking. Things look like they are getting real crazy

Tom

Paula Begley
03-04-2007, 11:11 PM
TomW...no worries, buddy. They are all a bunch of liars. Byron was not fighting a bill fish or a tarpon. Truth be told, it was the elusive Flanker Fish! They need to stop keeping things from people! ;)

Paula

TomW
03-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Paula,
Thought that was the case. Good to hear from you, we are trying to get free to come down and see you guys. until then.....
Tom

MTN_TRT
03-05-2007, 09:25 AM
*Reading all posts on this thread*

Wow......spring better get here soon. I think the people in the Smokies are goin crazy w/o trout fishing.....

Byron Begley
03-05-2007, 09:55 AM
MTN_TRT,

Damascus is a nice place. I especially like the small bar that serves breakfast. There used to be this older lady who would abuse the customers all in fun. It was great. If you ordered scrambled eggs you got over light. Order toast and you got bisquits. If you complained she told you to eat it anyway. We went to breakfast there every day because we liked her. Her name was Betty. The nice restaurant on the river was great too. And then there's Whitetop Laurel. I love that stream.

Byron

Byron Begley
03-05-2007, 09:59 AM
By the way,

I hooked that tarpon right uner the bridge at the "Y" on a Bead Head Pheasant Tail.

Byron

David Knapp
03-05-2007, 12:22 PM
By the way,

I hooked that tarpon right uner the bridge at the "Y" on a Bead Head Pheasant Tail.

Byron

Yet another sign of global warming...:rolleyes:

Thunderhead8
03-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Byron,

That should have been my tarpon! I was in pursuit of it last week when my guide was knocked from his platform (by the bridge, of course) as he poled me oh so close. I wanted to wade but my guide, Guido, insisted we use his flats boat. Bet his next client wades!

Do you think the harp seals in the pool at the Y are having an effect on the tarpon population?

Thunderhead8

Grumpy
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
BTW,

This thread really clarifies the hiring of a retired psychologist at the shop.

Burt

probably why he retired, saw one to many fly fisherman & realized all his training didn't prepare him for that:eek:

Grumpy

MTN_TRT
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Byron,
I dont know when exactly you were on "the road to Damascus" but come on back. Things are changin here, this place is really boomin! Yeah, come on up to VA we'll hit the Laural or some little mountain creek or even head down to the SoHo. Ya know, there arent very many flyfishermen that come through this place-I LOVE IT! Oh BTW a woman opened up a new cafe in town just last year--best chicken salad Ive ever had...not to mention all the other stuff