PDA

View Full Version : Good deeds

RFowler
03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Folks, without going into details just let me say that my life has been very distressful for quite sometime. I had to turn my back on my dreams to care for my family down here in Georgia. I've lost practically everything I own in the process. I'd do it again, but that doesn't subtract the fact that things have been tough.

I just came home from eating lunch with my mother. I usually check the mail when we get back and I did the same today. I quickly noticed that I had an envelope from LRO. I opened it when I got inside. In it was a photograph with a message from Paula.

Here is what it reads..

Rusty,

A friend came by and got this & wished us to forward it to you. Hope you parents are improving.

Our best,

Paula

Some dear friend has bought me a 2007 Tennessee Nonresident fishing license. I can't thank you enough. My wish is that the Lord blesses you many times over in return. You have no idea what this means to me. I am truly blessed to have friends like you.

Rusty

russ
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow. That act is as much a reflection on your character as the giver's. You can't be too bad off with friends like that. Congratulations!

donwinn
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Dear Fowler,

I do not know you, and I certainly do not know the person who sent you the license. However, I can tell from your story that what you received was simply a return for good deeds you performed in the past, just as the one you are doing now. I pray things go well for you, and I thank you for sharing your story. As George Bailey found in "Its a Wonderful Life" no one is poor if he has friends and true wealth is measured in friendship not dollars.

TroutDude
03-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Its amazing how something so little can bring so much joy to so many people. Just reading your post brought a little smile to my face. Its sad that so many times what you see in the news is so depressing. Its nice to see people still looking out for each other.

By the way... where abouts in Georgia are you? My little sis live in Alpharetta and I visit a coulpe times a year. I usually sneek off to fish the Hooch or venture up around Blue Ridge.

Well I hope things look up for you!

Dude

RFowler
03-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks, guys. Very kind and uplifting words from each of you. :) It was my friend Hugh Hartsell. He didn't say it was him but I know it was. Hugh, you make this heart of mine soft as butter. I'm very thankful for you.

All of you guys are right. Don't ever think a gesture is too small to maybe turn someones focus from helpless to hopefull. I really needed it.

TD, I'm from Dallas, GA and that's where I am currently. Dallas is about 35 miles NW of Atlanta.

pmike
03-08-2007, 09:21 PM
My best guess is that Rusty has given far more than he has ever yet received and has far more yet to come in a good way to him in life! By the way Rusty, I haven't had much contact with ya of late, but still plan to ever hook up and wet a line one day. It may be a ways off at this point though, my own mother unexpectedly passed away a few weeks ago while on a cruise to the Panama Canal.

God bless brother, you remain in my prayers for the Lord best for you and your Mom,

Mike

Paula Begley
03-08-2007, 09:32 PM
pmike,

So sorry for your loss! Be consoled with the thought that you will meet again one day....and you can catch her up on all of your big fish pictures!

Paula

pmike
03-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks Paula,

That is our most comforting thought, knowing we will see her and our father in eternity to come. I would guess that she will likely be looking over the Smokies from heaven to keep tabs on us as we visit. She and our Dad used to sacrifice yearly to be able to take the family to the mountains every year and we every one developed an incredible love for them.

My brother and I are trying to get our sisters and their families to meet up that way as soon as we can settle the estate, but I am not sure if I can wait that long to get back up that a way. My last visit was all to brief, and there was alot of rain so I didn't get to do much fishing. The funny thing is that I'd rather be in the mountains on a rainy day than in Florida on a sunny one.

I also have to say that beside the beauty and wonder of the mountains and their streams, it's folks like yourself, Byron, Daniel, and the rest of the staff at LRO that make it more special than ever!

Thanks and God Bless,
Mike

RFowler
03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Thoughts of dad without any bonds is what got me by for weeks. I have pleasant thoughts of him being free now. I hope the same for you and you're family, Mike.

I appreciate the kind words. My brother and I were adopted when we were babies by my mom and dad. I know a lot of people consider their parents special but those two gave a different meaning to that thought. They gave us a life that we may not have had. A sharing life that was, and still is, led by God. I give them credit for any warm attributes I may have adopted.

There's always a seat open on my boat for you, Mike. ;)

kylemc
03-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Haven't talked with you in a while now Rusty but have still been thinking of you.Hang in there brother your'e a good man.Come help me and Scott rip these smallie lips when you get a chance.

Kyle

RFowler
03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Thankee, Mr. Greene by God county! :) I'm a tryin'. Things are looking up this week. There's a fellar interested in the house. Hopefully, this will work out fast so I won't blow the Spring season.

I'll be hollerin' at you two before I head that way!

btw, have you tested a motor on your boat yet?

RuningWolf
03-14-2007, 08:31 PM
A tip of the hat to all involved in this good deed