PDA

View Full Version : Finally got away from the flytying vice

Hugh Hartsell
03-07-2007, 06:55 PM
My friend Ernie Roberts told me he was going to the South Holston River today even if the wind was blowing and I just had to get out of the house to break the flytying doldrums, myself. I thought that a good picture of a beautiful brown might lift everone's spirits and get them ready for the Quill Gordon hatch that is about to start. This nice fish took a size #24 Blackbird Deerhair Emerger. We took several nice rainbows as well. Enjoy.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

[http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/HughHartsell/3-6-076.jpg]

Sorry that I'm having such a hard time editing this post. I'll just direct you to the report on my website until I figure out how to use all the facilities on this board. It's a pretty fish.
http://smokymountainflyguide.com
go to reports 18

mmorgan135
03-07-2007, 07:49 PM
i only see a red x....is there something on my computer that I need to change to see the pic?

David Knapp
03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Don't see it here either...

Byron Begley
03-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Hugh,

I don't see the photo and I'm dying to. You may need to talk to Paula. I haven't figured out this new board yet...matter of fact, I didn't figure out the old one either. "un-smiley face".

Byron

Paula Begley
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Hugh,

Byron just got home and told me about your problem. Call me at the shop tomorrow, and I will walk you through the process. Sorry you are having difficulties.

Paula

mtnman2888
03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Hugh,

Sounds like you had a good day out on the water, of course there is never really a bad day. Hope the wind wasn't too bad for you. I saw the picture of that brown on your site and wow! That's a very nice fish. I can't imagine hooking into a wild brown that big, but i do know that if i did you wouldn't be able to smack the smile off my face, i'd be grinning from ear to ear.

Craig

kylemc
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
We had a good day on the SoHo yeterday too. The wind was brutal at times though.

doghaircaddis
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
A big fish on a tiny fly. Love it!

swipper 74
03-12-2007, 09:31 PM
She's a beauty Hugh! I'm headed over to your site now...