PDA

View Full Version : I've had enough!!!

buzzmcmanus
03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
I've been staring out my office window, wishin' I was fishin', all day. We'll, I've had enough. My flyrod and waders snuck out of the house and managed to find their way into the Jeep last night while my wife was sleeping. I took her to lunch today and got a yard pass for this evening.

I'm out of here, in 40 minutes, you'll find me in the park. I'll be the guy in the dress shirt with suit pants on under the waders.

cdu1961
03-09-2007, 04:11 PM
good luck & tight lines. I will be there sunday. some people go to church and think about fishing, i go fishing and think about GOD .

Troutman
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago on a warm wed. afternoon. I picked a nice sunny stretch that I knew had been getting full sunlight for several hours and I was rewarded with a few fish on dries in the shallow water. I bet the fish are rising right now.!!! Look forward to a report later this evening.

hw3
03-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I hear you, CDU1961. One of my favorite ministers, a long time
trout man from upstate NY, used to remark at least annually,
"Is it better to be sitting in Church, thinking about trout fishing,
or standing in a trout stream, thinking about God?" Never even
took any time to figure that one out, seems obvious to me. Watson

Paula Begley
03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Nothing like worshiping in the Cathedral of the Great Outdoors! ;)

Paula

lauxier
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I did that once--I had had enough--got the flyrod,a fly or two--headed for the Smoky Mountains------------got home a couple of days later----------------there were divorce lawyers thick as jackrabbits in the yard--I did not panic--took my flyrod and flys--headed for my Mom's house---stayed with her for a few months------these were good times---we sometimes forget how good it is to live,day to day,with someone whose goodness you cannot deny---one day,I grabbed my flyrod and a fly or two---headed for the Smoky Mountains--to do a little fishing....

Gerry Romer
03-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Nothing like worshiping in the Cathedral of the Great Outdoors! ;)

Paula

If you hit it at just the right time ( oh, say around 10:30 am on any Sunday in May - or any Monday or Tuesday... ) there is a spot on the West Prong, on the rough trail going up toward campsite 18, that has the look and feel of a cathedral. This one particular part of the stream runs roughly due east/west through a narrow valley. Provided, of course, that the sun's shining brightly, the view of the sun streaming through the trees is very humbling. One of my favorite spots in the park.:)

Gerry

buzzmcmanus
03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
I got to the park around 3:00. Tied on a #12 parachute adams. On about the 5th or 6th cast, I had a hit. I was a little jumpy after not catching a fish on a dry fly for so long, I jerked it away. I was feeling good and was thinking that I was going to have a good day fishing. Did have another hit or rise for 2 1/2 hours. I threw everything in the box at them, dry's, nymph's, they wanted none of it. Then at 5:30 it all got interesting, started seeing fish rise, so I tyed on a #14 parachute adams and dropped a pheasant tail off of it. Over the next hour I caught and released 6 fish. 3 on the dry and 3 on the dropper.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/DSCN5566.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/buzzmcmanus/DSCN5567.jpg

All were about the same size, which is small, but it was nice to start catching fish again.

Jswitow
03-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Nice pics,
I fished from about 12:00 until 4:oopm. I turned left at the Y and pulled out only about a half mile above the Y. I never fish that low except in the spring or maybe winter. Fishing was slow through the big holes down there. I did see a big brown, wouldn't eat though. I managed to land a few fish and they weren't bad. Two came on the dry one on the nymph. I felt like I was leaving too early, but hey I wasn't in the dog house when I got home at 5:30!
Thanks to LRO. I left my boots on the fireplace hearth where I put them to dry in the winter, LRO loaned me a pair of boots. Saved me from buying a pair. They'll get the sale when my old ones finally blow-out.

I will post some pics in a week or two, still using film. I manage to dunk my camera about every other trip out, water resistant digitals are too expensive yet.
Tight lines, spring is here. It is great to catch fish on dries again!
John

buzzmcmanus
03-12-2007, 03:54 PM
John, I was fishing about 1/2 mile right at the Y. I stopped at the first pull off past Tremont Road. I actually fish this section more than I care to admit. My wife and I fish the roadside section of the West Prong quite often after work. It's real easy to get to, and suprisingly few people fish it. We can usually get in an hour or two of fishing in the evenings.

My digital has been dunked twice and it still works. Just take the batteries out immediately after it gets wet. Make sure you don't turn it on, that's what fry's it. Keep in somewhere in circulating air to dry out for a few days.