PDA

View Full Version : Daily Fishing Report

FredEx
03-17-2007, 12:25 PM
I just read today's "Fishing Report" as I always do and Byron thanks all of those who read the "Fishing Report" and says it is what keeps him going. My THANK YOU to Byron for taking the time and effort to post a new report each day. His report keeps me going, when here in the north with snow on the ground, I read the report and keep making my plans for the first trip to the Smokies and fishing (not too long now). When the conditions there are not good I still enjoy Byron's stories and observations. So I would say Byron also keeps us going.

mtnman2888
03-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Yes, thanks alot byron. I definitely check out the report everyday religiously to see what's going on over in townsend. I also enjoy the stories that are told and the experiences that are shared. I can guarantee that there are tons of people who love the report and visit it everyday.

Craig

ijsouth
03-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Add me to the chorus of "me too"...I check it every morning - it's become a ritual now.

doghaircaddis
03-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I've probably read the report everyday since I found this site. It's become part of my morning routine. It's amazing that you have managed to post a report everyday. Even during the cold winter days, when the temp doesn't top 40 for a week, you manage to keep an interesting report going. It's always nice to know what's going on around the shop and in the park....and the stories you tell always strike my interest. Thanks for that!

Also, I received my TFO rod tube today. I'm impressed...can't beat that for the price! Thanks again!

sammcdonald
03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
i use the lro site at work to point folks toward lro and the site. also to see what i am missing being cooped up with the "visitors".

ttas67
03-17-2007, 11:25 PM
I agree. the fishing report is invaluable info. it really has reached a point of perfection. I've visited many other fly shop sites, and nothing even comes close. I've gotten so used to consulting the report and stream info prior to heading out, that I don't know what I'd do without it. awesome job byron. I love the stories as well. after reading about dubbing today, I think I might just pet that cat next time I see it.

patillac
03-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Shoot ya! I moved here from Florida and had a hard time finding anyone to talk to at work, etc. about fly fishing. When I found this site I put it on my bookmarks bar, and read it every afternoon when I get home from work. I've learned a ton, everything from the 50 degree rule, to what a tailwater was, and the effect of cows on a trout stream. Anyhow, Thanks.
And great post FredEx.

Gerry Romer
03-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I probably check out the "report" maybe three times a day. (Byron keeps saying he'll update the info if...) No, mostly I just check out the messages board. Check for new posts, etc. But I do check the report every day to see what the prospects are for a successful fishing venture on the coming weekend.

Thanks again, Byron, for all you do.

Gerry

out4trout
03-18-2007, 10:55 AM
I too live about four hours away from Townsend, (hopefully not for too much longer, my family and I are hoping to move toward Townsend sometime in the late summer...I'm looking for a job, any one with any ideas's?) I check out the fishing report every day. It keeps my chin up when I am away from the rivers!! Keep up the great work Byron. There are many flyshops between where I live in NC and LRO but I consider LRO to be my flyshop. This happens because the owners and employees at LRO are intentional about making everyone welcome and have helped me feel as though I am a part of the family. Thanks for doing that it means so much.
Brian Rogers

mstone
03-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Ditto to all the above kudos. I check a lot of websites of flyshops across the Rockies and here in east as well and I don't think anyone post reports as often and as entertaining.

mstone

MattP
03-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I am staying in townsend right now, I live in Ohio and have a popular fly shop Mad River Outfitters right by me, but do the the great customer service, I consider LRO to be my home fly shop, the service is the best I have ever had in ANY fly shop that I have been in, I am also one of the two guys that Byron was talking about in the 3/19 fishing report. To everyone at LRO you guys and gals are great keep up the good work, you all are truly making a great base of customers, and also making my dream fly fishing shop. I would like to say thank you, to everyone that works at LRO, keep you the good work.

fishlicker
03-19-2007, 08:59 PM
You ain't kiddin. You'd think he'd let Paula do one every now and then though. ;)

I really, really enjoyed the last few. It doesn't matter how bad the report is, it's good to have someone tell us a little something every day about the place we all love! :) Thanks Mr. B!